Reference Earlier Notification No.: Estt/Pros-12/2012/61457-610 dated 29.12.2012
Jammu & Kashmir Police Service is considered as a sensitive service as the state is still fighting with internal and external extremists. Jammu & Kashmir as a state of India has always been in news for the intrusions from the borders of Pakistan and China. Being one of the most sensitive area of India, the Police Service has a lot of responsibility to play to safe-keep the interests of national citizens of India. With the recent notification in continuation to the previous advertisement during the year 2012, J&K Police has issues a corrigendum to revise the educational and age criteria for these Posts.
The cadre of service will be for Prosecuting Officer (PO) in state Police Service. In pursuance to the above notified vacancies, during the last advertisement, there are some amendments done to the educational qualification and age criteria. Candidates coming under the newly declared educational qualification and age criteria can apply afresh till 6th July 2013.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 06-July-2013
Name of Job Positions: Prosecuting Officer under J&K Police
Number of Vacancies: 49 Positions (OM-27, RBA-10, ST-05, SC-04, ALC-02, Social Caste-01)
The candidates interested to join the service must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law after completion of 10+2+3 (3 years) or a five years integrated Law course after 10+2 from a recognized University.
Age: The applicant must be in between 18 to 37 years of age as on 1-Jan-2012. However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates from the state of J&K will be applicable as per rules.
Physical Standard: (relaxable for residents of Leh/ Kargil)
- Height: 5’ 6” (5’ 2” for female)
- Weight: in proportion to height
- Chest expanded: 33.5”
- There will be a further relaxation in the standards for candidates from Ladakh and Gorkha communities
The applicants selected as Prosecuting Officer will be eligible to receive pay in the scale of Rs.9300-Rs.34800 and a Grade Pay of Rs.4280 in the Pay Band-II
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of following tests:
- Preliminary Written Exam
- Main Written Exam
- Pre-recruitment Medical Test
- Final Merit list
Application Form Availability & How to Apply:
- The J&K Police has developed an Application Form, which can be downloaded from the website of J&K Police at http://www.jkpolice.gov.in .
- Those who have already applied for this posts need not to apply again
- The candidates should go through the notification published at and apply through the prescribed application form
- The form completed in all respect must reach the following offices on or before the dates mentioned above
- Application Form On Which Correction Fluid Is Applied, Shall Be Out Rightly Rejected.
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
Where to send the completed Application form:
- Application Form, duly filled in along with its Photostat copy and the Acknowledgement Card, shall have to be submitted in the following offices:
- For candidates belonging to Kashmir Province: Armed Range Police Office (AROK), PCR, Srinagar
- For candidates belonging to Jammu Division: Armed Range Police Office (AROJ), APHQ Complex, Jammu
- For candidates belonging to Leh District: SSP, District, Leh
- For candidates belonging to Kargil District: SSP, District, Kargill
For any query visit the J&K Police Website http://www.jkpolice.gov.in