(Only for Jammu & Kashmir Permanent Residents)
The full-fledged High Court of Judicature for the Jammu and Kashmir State was established in the year 1928. Prior to the establishment of High Court of Judicature, the Ruler of the State (Maharaja) was the final authority in the administration of justice. The High Court has at present a sanctioned strength of 14 Judges including 9 Permanent Judges and 5 Additional Judges. From May to end October, the Chief Justice and the Administrative Wing of High Court shifts to Srinagar and from November to end April, the HQ is at Jammu. However, Court sections of both the Jammu and Srinagar Wings of the High Court function throughout the year.
With the recent requirement for various state and district cadre positions under the J&K Subordinate judiciary, the J&K High Court is inviting applications in prescribed format, from permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State only for recruitment through a competitive examination.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 20-Feb-2014
- Date of availability of Application Form: 21-Feb-2014
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 10-Mar-2014
Details of Vacancies:
- Data Entry Operator (State cadre): 03 positions (SC-01, ST-02)
- Steno-Typist (Divisional cadre – Kashmir): 18 positions (Open Merit-01, RBA-08, SC-04, ST-04, Line of Actual Control-01)
- Steno-Typist (Divisional cadre – Jammu): 11 positions (RBA-06, SC-01, ST-03, Line of Actual Control-01)
- Junior Assistant (Divisional cadre – Kashmir): 69 positions (Open Merit-40, RBA-14, SC-06, ST-07, OSC-01, Line of Actual Control-01)
- Junior Assistant (Divisional cadre – Jammu): 60 positions (Open Merit-34, RBA-12, SC-05, ST-06, OSC-01, Line of Actual Control-02)
- Driver (Divisional cadre – Kashmir): 02 positions (Open Merit)
- Driver (Divisional cadre – Jammu): 02 positions (Open Merit)
Pay Scale provisions:
- Data Entry Operator & Steno-Typist: The candidates selected for these positions will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 along with a grade pay of Rs.2400 in PB-I and other allowances as applicable.
- Junior Assistant & Driver: The candidates selected for these positions will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 along with a grade pay of Rs.1900 in PB-I and other allowances as applicable.
- Data Entry Operator: The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with proficiency in English and elementary knowledge of Urdu. The candidates must hold a BCA Degree with sufficient skill in Typewriting.
- Steno-Typist: The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Diploma in Shorthand and Typewriting. Must have a minimum speed of 60 words per minute in shorthand and 30 words per minute in Typewriting.
- Junior Assistant: The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with working knowledge of Urdu.
- Driver: The candidates must hold a valid LMV Driving license and should have passed Matriculation examination.
- He/ She must be a permanent resident of J&K State
- The applicant must be in between 18 to 37 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates will be applicable as per rules.
- For all candidates: Rs.100
- The fees need to be furnished through a Demand Draft for Rs.100 in favour of Principal Secretary to the Hon’ble Chief Justice, High Court of J&K drawn on any branch of J&K Branch and payable at Jammu/ Kashmir.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
- The selection will be done on the basis of tests as intimated by the Selection Committee on a later date. The candidates are advised to review the announcements at the website of J&K High Court at http://jkhighcourt.nic.in
How to apply:
- The candidates are required to collect the application forms from the Office of the Judicial Registrar at High Court of Jammu/ Srinagar or from the Office of the concerned Principal Districts and Sessions Judge (for Leh & Kargil Districts) during scheduled office hours.
- The candidates need to understand the exact criteria for recruitment by reviewing the detailed advertisement as available at the website of J&K High Court at http://jkhighcourt.nic.in/ or at http://jkhighcourt.nic.in/cir/adv21022014.pdf
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the copy of the Application Form
- Application Form, duly filled in along with its Photostat copy and the Acknowledgement Card, shall have to be submitted to the Office of the Judicial Registrar at High Court of Jammu/ Srinagar or from the Office of the concerned Principal Districts and Sessions Judge (for Leh & Kargil Districts) during scheduled office hours till the last date (10-Mar-2014).
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>