Jharkhand SSC Recruitment Advertisement Number: 2/2014
With the recent requirement from the Public Works Department of the state, the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) has released a notification inviting competent candidates for filling up 102 Backlog Posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) through Junior Engineer Combined Competitive Examination 2014 (JECCE-2014).
There is also another notification (No.1/2014) released for the regular posts of Junior Engineer (Civil). The candidates can apply for both backlog and regular posts through a common application. The choice will be available for the candidates through the Online Application Form.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Examination: Junior Engineer Combined Competitive Examination – 2014
- Starting Date of registration of Online Application: 08-Oct-2014 from 11AM
- Last date for submission of Online Application: 07-Nov-2014 till 5PM
- Last date for submission of application fees: 07-Nov-2014
- Date for reckoning age: 01-Aug-2014
Details of Backlog vacancies:
- Junior Engineers (Civil) – 102 Posts out of which Women-05 and PWD-02
- Water Resource department: 55 Posts (ST-35, SC-12, EBC-08)
- Road Construction department: 47 Posts (ST)
- The candidates who will be selected as Junior Engineers will receive a scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 per month in PB-II
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable for these candidates as per rules of the State Government.
- The candidates must have complete 19 years of age but should not have reached 37 years for EBC Candidates, 38 years for EBC(Women) candidates and 40 years for SC/ST candidates as on 01-Aug-2014.
- Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government.
- Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate or Birth Certificate issued by competent authorities.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Junior Engineers (Civil):
- The candidates must have completed 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Candidates having any higher qualification can also apply for these posts.
- The education should be full-time and should be a regular course only.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Preliminary Written Examination as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- The selection list will be prepared on the basis of the results of Preliminary Written Examination for applying to the Main Written Examination.
- The commission may conduct a Personal Interview and verify the certificates before approving the merit list.
- For SC/ST candidates from Jharkhand: Rs.125
- For all others: Rs.500
- This non-refundable fee needs to be paid in shape of a Bank Challan in any branch of Bank of India. The challan can be downloaded from the website of JSSC. The fees can also be remitted online while filling up the application through Credit card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for these posts by the ONLINE mode of application as available at the website of JSSC at http://www.jssc.in/
- Before applying online the candidates are requested to read through the detailed advertisement available at http://www.jssc.in/Advt.%20no.%2022014%20for%20Junior%20Engineer%20Combined%20Competitive%20Examination%202014%20(Back%20Log%20Vacancy).pdf
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload their recent passport size photograph and signature at the appropriate spaces on the application.
- The Application form needs to be filled up with facts and no change to the information entered will be granted after final submission of Online Application.
- Two copies of the applications need to be photocopied for reference of for the candidate.
- The candidates should not submit any hardcopy of the application at this time.
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.