Since its establishment the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) is working for recruiting higher cadre positions of the state with competent selection for the Public Services under the Government of Jharkhand. As a statutory organization at the state level, the JSSC is dedicated for competent selection of candidates for various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ positions in the government cadre. The commission is functioning as per the statutory guidelines of the UPSC as functioning at the central level.
Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) has recently released a notification for the recruitment of Principals in Government Polytechnics and Women Polytechnics under the state government of Jharkhand. The applications are invited through Online mode and this is to fill-up 13 numbers of vacancies of professors.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Last Date for Online Registration of Application: 24-July-2014 by 05:00 PM
- Last Date for receipt of hardcopy of the online application: 07-Aug-2014
- Date for determining the age & qualification: 01-August-2013
Details of vacancies:
- Principals (in Government Polytechnics and Government Women Polytechnics): 13 Vacancies (UR-07, SC-01, ST-03, EBC-I-01, BC-II-01)
Pay Scale: The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible to receive emolument in the Academic Grade Pay in the range of Rs.37400 – Rs.67000 with AGP of Rs.10000 and a Special Allowance of Rs.2000 as applicable as per the rules of Jharkhand State Education Service.
The candidates will also receive other facilities and perks as per the rules.
Academics & Experience:
- The candidates must have completed PhD in Engineering disciplines.
- The candidates must have at least 10 years of relevant experience in Teaching/ Research/ Industrial Skills, out of which must have at least 03 years as a Head of the Department (HoD) or equivalent level.
Age related norms:
- The candidates should have attained minimum age of 40 years and should not have attained the maximum of 58 years as on 01-Aug-2013.
- There is no further relaxation in upper age is applicable for candidates irrespective of their category.
- For Unreserved and OBC: Rs.420 + Rs.50 (bank charges) (total Rs.470)
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs.120 + Rs.50 (bank charges) (total Rs.170)
NOTE: The applicants can pay this fees in shape of fee payment challan as available in the website of Jharkhand PSC in any branch of State Bank of India as detailed on the website of Jharkhand PSC.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in a Personal Interview.
- However, if the applications received increases to more than 500 numbers, the JPSC may conduct a Written Test for that.
- The candidates will be selected on Merit ranking only as per their performance.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply in the ONLINE mode only on the website of Jharkhand PSC at http://jpsc.gov.in/
- The details of the requisite qualification and other essentials should be verified by the candidates through the detailed advertisement at http://www.jpsc.gov.in/data/Advertisement_for_the_Post_of_Principal__Govt_Polytechnic_Govt_Womens_Polytechnic_Colleges__01-2014_.pdf
- All relevant columns should be filled in all respects. They should upload the scanned copy of their signature and recent photographs at appropriate spaces.
- The candidates will not be allowed to change the information after submission of application form
- After submission of Online Application Form, the candidates are advised to keep a Print out of the hardcopy of the application (in A4 size paper) and send another copy along with the details of academics, relaxation category certificate and experience, etc. to the following address so as to reach by 07-Aug-2014 by 05:00 PM.
- Address to send the detailed Application Form (hard copy):
The Deputy Secretary
Jharkhand Public Service Commission
Circular Road, Ranchi – 834001