Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is one of the most elite para-military forces operating under the Ministry of Home Affairs Government of India. The force has acclaimed much prestigious recognition for its gallantry and brave acts in counting various insurgencies inside the home land and abroad. To be a part of this reputed organization is one of the most preferred choices of youths today, who would like to drive their career in the para-military forces of India.
With the recent announcement from ITBP, there are vacancies notified against the position of Constable (Tradesman) in various trades. Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria are invited to apply through prescribed format of application as available on the website of the ITBP at www.itbpolice.nic.in. All vacancies are to be filled up with All India Service Liability and would be governed as per ITBP Act and rules.
The details of the eligibility norms and application procedure are as follows:
- Last date for receipt of Applications: 15-May-2014
- Closing date for receipt of Applications from north-eastern states and other far-flung areas: 22-May-2014
Details of the Posts & Number of Vacancies: Total 556 Posts
1) Constable (Tailor) (both male & female): 32 posts (UR-16, SC-05, ST-02, OBC-09)
2) Constable (Gardener) (only Male): 09 posts (UR-06, SC-01, OBC-02)
3) Constable (Cobbler) (only Male): 23 posts (UR-12, SC-03, ST-02, OBC-06)
4) Constable (Water Carrier) (only Male): 123 posts (UR-63, SC-18, ST-09, OBC-33)
5) Constable (Safai Karamchri) (only Male): 99 posts (UR-50, SC-15, ST-07, OBC-27)
6) Constable (Cook) (only Male): 115 posts (UR-58, SC-17, ST-09, OBC-31)
7) Constable (Washerman) (only Male): 48 posts (UR-24, SC-07, ST-04, OBC-13)
8) Constable (Barber) (only Male): 47 posts (UR-24, SC-07, ST-04, OBC-12)
Note: 10% Vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen candidates from each category
- The applicants selected for various Constable posts will be offered monthly emoluments as in the Pay Band-1, Rs.5200-Rs.20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2000 along with other applicable allowances.
Education Qualification: The candidate must have the following qualification to be eligible for the job positions:
- Constable (Tailor/ Gardener/ Cobbler) – Must have completed Matriculation along with 2 years of experience in relevant trade, OR, must have completed a 1 year Certificate course with 1 year of experience in relevant trade, OR, Must have completed 2 years Diploma course in respective trades.
- Constable (Water Carrier/ Safai Karamchari/ Cook/ Washerman/ Barber): Must have completed Matriculation
Age Specification: The applicant must have their age as per the descriptions below as on the last date of submission of Application (15-May-2014)
- Constable (Tailor/ Gardener/ Cobbler) – Minimum 18 years and should not have exceeded 23 years of age
- Constable (Water Carrier/ Safai Karamchari/ Cook/ Washerman/ Barber): Minimum 18 years and should not have exceeded 25 years
- However, the relaxation in upper age is applicable as per rules
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be following the following procedure:
- Physical Fitness Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Trade Test
- Written Exam
- Final Medical Examination
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 50 only
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
The fee can be deposited through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of the ITBP at http://itbpolice.nic.in/
- Before applying for the posts, the applicants have to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://itbpolice.nic.in/eKiosk/writeReadData/RectAd/ADV.%20fo%20Trademen.pdf, and should understand the requirements well.
- The applications need to be typed on a good quality A4 size paper
- Application completed in all respect and attached with all valid copies of education and age proofs along with the CRFS and a stamped self-addressed envelope must be sent to the Regional Director at the address mentioned below so as to reach by 15-May-2014 (extended date is allowed from far-flung areas)
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE(__________) IN ITBP”
- For other updates related to recruitment in ITBP, please visit www.itbpolice.nic.in and www.itbp.gov.in
- Address to send the completed Application Form:
The Inspector General (Northern)
Frontier Head Quarters, ITB Police Force
PO-Seemadwar, Distt. Dehradun
Uttarakhand, Pin code-248146.