Indo Tibetan Border Police force is one of the most important para-military forces operating under the Ministry of Home Affairs Government of India. The force has acclaimed much prestigious recognition for its gallantry and brave acts in counting various insurgencies inside the home land and abroad. To be a part of this reputed organization is one of the most preferred choices of youths today, who would like to drive their career in a military of para-military force.
With the recent announcement from ITBP there are certain requirements for filling up positions of various cadre with competent selection.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Closing date for receipt of Applications: 28-June-2013
- Closing date for receipt of Applications from north-eastern states and other far-flung areas: 05-July-2013
Details of the Posts & Number of Vacancies: Total 444 Posts
1) Sub-Inspector (Telecommunication) – 10 posts (SC-2, ST-0, OBC-3, UR-5)
2) Head Constable (Telecommunication) – 369 posts (SC- 55, ST- 28, OBC-100, UR- 186)
3) Constable (Telecommunication) – 65 posts (SC-10, ST-5, OBC-17, UR-33)
The applicants selected for various post will be offered monthly emoluments as stated below:
- Sub-Inspector (Telecommunication): Pay Band-2, Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 + Grade Pay of Rs. 4200
- Head Constable (Telecommunication): Pay Band-1, Rs.5200-Rs.20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2400
- Constable (Telecommunication): Pay Band-1, Rs.5200-Rs.20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2000
Age Specification: The applicant must have their age as per the descriptions below as on the last date of submission of Application
- Sub-Inspector (Telecommunication) – The candidates should be in between 20-25 years as on the last date of submission of application.
- Head Constable (Telecommunication) – The candidates should be in between 18-25 years as on the last date of submission of application.
- Constable (Telecommunication) – The candidates should be in between 18-23 years as on the last date of submission of application.
- However, the relaxation in upper age is applicable as per rules for reserved category of candidates
Education Qualification: The candidate must have the following qualification to be eligible for the job positions:
- Sub-Inspector (Telecommunication): The applicant must have a Bachelors degree in Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Information Technology or Computer Science or Electronics and Communication or Electronics and Instrumentation OR, BCA OR, BE/ AMIE in Electronics and Communication or Instrumentation or Computer Science or Electrical or Information Technology
- Head Constable (Telecommunication): The applicant must have passed 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, OR, 10th Pass with 2 years ITI Certificate in Electronics/ Electrical/ Computers OR, 10th Class pass with PCM and Diploma in Electronics or Communication or Instrumentation or Computer Science or Information Technology or Electrical
- Constable (Telecommunication): The applicant must have passed 10th standard. Applicants are desired to have an additional qualification of Diploma or Certificate Course from an ITI or any other organization
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be following the following procedure:
- Physical Standard Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Written Exam
- Personal Interview
- Final Medical Examination
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 50 only
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
The fee can be deposited through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website at http://itbpolice.nic.in/eKiosk/frmRecrtmntAdMain.aspx
- The applications need to be typed on a good quality A4 size paper
- Application completed in all respect and attached with all valid copies of education and age proofs along with the CRFS and a stamped self-addressed envelope must be sent to the Regional Director at the address mentioned below so as to reach by 28-June-2013
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ______________(__________) IN ITBP”
- Address to send the completed Application:
Post Box No 344, GPO Lucknow (UP)
- For other updates related to recruitment in ITBP, please visit www.itbpolice.nic.in and www.itbp.gov.in