ISRO Master Control Facility (MCF) Recruitment 2014 for Tech. Assistant/ Lib. Assistant/ Jr. Hindi Translator
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has been quite instrumental in development of space technology and its application to serve various national tasks. Accordingly, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully operationalized two major satellite systems namely Indian National Satellites (INSAT) for communication services and Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites for management of natural resources. ISRO has also developed Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) for launching IRS type of satellites and Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) for launching INSAT type of satellites. ISRO has been utilizing Indian Space Programme to promote the development and application of space science and technology for the socio-economic benefit of the country.
Master Control Facility (MCF) under the ISRO is located at Hassan City in Karnataka is the prime station for controlling and monitoring the Geo-Stationary Satellites in various phases right from the injection stage till end of life. The operations at MCF involve state of the art facilities and round the clock telemetry, tracking, commanding and ranging operations.
With the recent announcement from the ISRO Master Control Facility, there is a few vacancies need to be filled up through open advertisement. These vacancies are to be filled in the profiles of Technical Assistant, Library Assistant-A & Junior Hindi Translator.
The details of the vacancy along with the criteria for selection is detailed as under:
- Date of publication of notification: 07-June-2014
- Last Date of receipt of Application at MCF: 04-July-2014
- Date of reckoning age and eligibility conditions: 04-July-201 (last date of receipt of completed applications)
Details of Job Positions:
- Post Code-101: Technical Assistant: 05 Posts (UR-2, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Post Code-102: Library Assistant-A: 01 Post (UR)
- Post Code-103: Junior Hindi Translator: 02 Posts (OBC) [Out of these 1 post will be for ISTRAC, Bangalore]
NOTE: Although these posts will be filled up for ISRO-MCF/ ISTRAC, the candidates selected will be appointed with the condition of All India Service Liability (AISL) at units/ stations of ISRO.
Pay Scale provisions:
Selected candidates will receive remuneration in the following pay bands as per the MCF norms:
- Post Code-101: Technical Assistant: The selected candidates will receive remuneration in the PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600. The approximate monthly remuneration will be around Rs.34000 per month at the beginning.
- Post Code-102: Library Assistant-A: The selected candidates will receive remuneration in the PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600. The approximate monthly remuneration will be around Rs.34000 per month at the beginning.
- Post Code-103: Junior Hindi Translator: The selected candidates will receive remuneration in the PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4200. The approximate monthly remuneration will be around Rs.27000 per month at the beginning.
NOTE: In addition, they will receive limited Departmental Housing Facility or in lieu House Rent Allowance, Departmental Transport Facility between residence and office in lieu of Transport Allowance, Children Education Allowance up to two children, Leave Travel Concession, medical coverage and other allowances as per norms of ISRO/ MCF/ ISTRAC.
- Post Code-101: Technical Assistant: The applicants must have completed a First Class Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering to become eligible for consideration.
- Post Code-102: Library Assistant-A: The applicants must have completed a First Class Graduation Degree along with a First Class Master’s Degree in Library Science/ Library & Information Science or equivalent to become eligible for consideration.
- Post Code-103: Junior Hindi Translator: The applicants must have completed MA in Hindi/ English, with English/ Hindi as a compulsory/ elective subject or as medium of examination at Degree level, OR, must have completed MA in any subject with Hindi and English as compulsory/ elective subjects (or, Hindi/ English Medium) or either of the two as medium of examination and the other as a compulsory/ elective subject at Degree level, OR, Bachelor’s Degree with Hindi and English as compulsory/ elective subjects or either of the two as medium of examination and the other as a compulsory/ elective subject, plus a recognized Diploma Certificate course in Translation from Hindi to English and vice-versa two years experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice-versa in a reputed government organization/ PSU, to become eligible for consideration.
- The applicants must have achieved minimum age of 18 years and should not have crossed maximum age of 35 years as on the last date for receipt of Application (04-July-2014)
- However, relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per norms.
- The selection of candidates will be done on a merit ranking basis through a Written Test followed by a Personal Interview.
- If required, ISRO-MCF may conduct screening test for short-listing the candidates.
- The candidates may have to appear for the Pre-Employment Medical before final induction.
How to apply:
- The candidates who fulfil the conditions of eligibility may apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of ISRO-MCF at http://www.isro.org/pdf/MCF-advt-pga-02-2014.pdf
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed information available at the portal at http://www.isro.org/pdf/MCF-advt-pga-02-2014.pdf before applying for the posts.
- The applicants should ensure that they fill all relevant columns with factual information
- Application should be submitted in A4 size paper (210 x 297mm) as per the prescribed format.
- After completion of filling up of the data, candidates need enclose that with necessary credentials and send that to the following address by ORDINARY POST only so as to reach by the last date specified (04-July-2014)
- The envelope containing application and all credential documents should be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF __________ POST CODE. __________”, invariably.
- Address to send the detailed application ONLY THROUGH ORDINARY POST:
The Senior Administrative Officer
Master Control Facility (ISRO)
Post Box No. 66
Hassan – 573 202