IOCL Recruitment 2014 – For Legal Maharatnas in shape of 19 Experienced Law Officers
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), is an Indian government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. The company is the 83rd largest public sector corporation, according to the Fortune list for Global 500 companies in the world. IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for its share in the petroleum products market, refining capacity and downstream pipelining sector in India. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year. IOCL has been conferred Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its expanded scale of operation.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the posts of Law Professionals as Law Officers with a minimum experience of 2 years post-qualification. The criteria for recruitment will be through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)-2014 (for post graduate programme). Short-listing of candidates for further selection process (comprising Group Discussion (GD) & Group Task (GT) and Personal Interviews (PI)) will be based on CLAT-2014 (for post graduate programme) score. CLAT score from 2013 or any other previous examination will not be considered valid for this selection.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Important Date Schedules:
- Opening date for online submission of CLAT-2014 Application: 01-Jan-2014
- Last date for online submission of CLAT-2014 Application: 31-Mar-2014
- Accessibility of Admit Cards/ Hall Tickets of CLAT-2014: 14-Apr-2014
- Opening date for acceptance of Online Application at IndianOil: 14-Apr-2014
- Last date for online submission of Application at IndianOil: 11-May-2014
- Common Law Admission Test – 2014: 11-May-2014 in afternoon sessions
Details of the Job Positions:
- Law Officer: 19 Posts
(Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PwD will be as per Govt. Of India guidelines)
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- Candidates will be selected as Law Officers (in Grade-A) and will receive a starting Basic Pay of Rs.24900 per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, as applicable.
- The applicants must have completed qualifying degree examination and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB or equivalent – full time degree) from recognized Indian Universities and recognized by Bar Council.
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC category) should have secured 60% or more marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- Candidates (belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category) should have secured 55% or more marks in qualifying degree examinations
Experience in Professional Sphere:
- Candidates must have minimum 2 years of work experience (as on 30-Jun-2014) in the field of Law in India.
- The candidates may earn this experience either from a Bar of Law or from the Law Firms, or from a Private/ Public Organizations or with Central/ State Governments.
- The desiring candidates must not cross 30 years as on 30-June-2013.
- Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category of candidates and candidates.
- All applicants selected for joining need to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard.
- General Category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.3,00,000 (Rs.50,000 for SC/ST/OBC & PwD candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three (3) years from the date of joining.
Mode of Selection:
- Selection would be based on CLAT-2014 score, Group Discussion, Group Task and Personal Interview.
- The candidates will have to pass successfully through each stage of the selection process including medical fitness for being selected
How to Apply:
- Candidates having requisite qualification and experience should apply for CLAT-2014 at the website of CLAT at http://www.clat.ac.in .
- With the CLAT-2014 registration number, the applicants can apply through Online mode only as available at the website of IOCL at www.iocl.com .
- The candidates should complete all stages of application with factual details
- The candidates should upload their scanned signature and photographs at appropriate spaces on the online application. This will be verified with original proofs during the final selection phase
- For any queries, or clarifications, please refer to the final advertisement at http://www.iocl.com/download/Law_Recruitment_Detailed_AD_Cleared_by_Law.pdf or at CLAT website at http://www.clat.ac.in
- This print out of application should be kept in safe custody of the candidate.
- Candidates must not send this printout to any office of IndianOil as of now.
- The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with CLAT-2014 application form.
- There is no separate application fee for applying in IndianOil
- The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must remain valid for at least next one year.
- All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.