IOCL Recruitment 2014 for Officers/ Engineers & Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers On The Basis of GATE-2014 Score
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), or simply IndianOil, is a government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. This is a transnational energy major and the highest ranked Indian company in the Fortune’s prestigious Global 500 list. Through last five decades of persistent service, IndianOil has emerged as the largest business enterprise in India with a turnover of Rs.4.15 lakh Crore (US$76.2 billion). IndianOil operates one of the Asia’s largest networks of refineries, pipelines and marketing and petrochemicals business. Empowered with ‘Maharatna’ status, IndianOil is nurturing a vision of emerging as the ‘Energy of India’. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering as Officers/ Engineers & Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers in its core sector of operation. Both these category of posts will be recruited to IndianOil through GATE-2014 Score, the registration for which is continuing at present.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers
Number of Vacancies: The exact numbers of vacancies will be notified in due course
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Starting date for online registration of application at IOCL: 18-Dec-2013
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application by IOCL: 02-March-2013
Disciplines For Officers/ Engineers & Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers:
- Chemical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – CH): (including Petrochemicals/ Polymer Engineering but excluding Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/ Ceramics Engineering etc.)
- Civil Engineering (GATE Paper Code – CE): (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering, etc.)
- Computer Science & Information Technology (GATE Paper Code – CS): (excluding Information & Communications Technology) NOTE: This is not applicable for Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers.
- Electrical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – EE): (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering etc.)
- Instrumentation Engineering (GATE Paper Code – IN): (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering, etc.)
- Mechanical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – ME): (excluding Automation/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering etc.)
- Metallurgical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – MT):
- NOTE: This is an indicative description of the eligibility. The IOCL will take a final decision regarding acceptance of candidature for any post notified
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2014 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions.
- Without GATE-2014 valid score card, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Marks obtained in GATE-2013 or any other previous GATE examination WILL NOT BE considered valid for this recruitment
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 65% for General and OBC (non-creamy layer), and 55% marks for SC, ST and OBC
- Candidates, who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or will complete the same by 31-August-2014 are eligible to apply
- For candidates pursuing/ completed ME/ MTech/ Integrated ME/MTech, they must have completed their BE/ BTech in any of the specified disciplines and should clear GATE-2014 examination in the discipline of their B.Tech to become eligible to apply
- Candidates pursuing combined disciplines like Mechatronics/ Robotics are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 26 years as on 30-June-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Medical Examination before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at: www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Preemployment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Officers/ Engineers & Assistant Engineers/ Assistant Officers in the above disciplines through IOCL must have appeared in GATE-2014 in the same disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2014 score
- Based only on the GATE-2014 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines. GATE-2013 score will not be considered valid for this recruitment.
- Further selection will be based on Group Discussion / Group Task and Personal Interview.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
Service Conditions and Bond:
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division/ Unit/ Subsidiary Company/ Office of the Corporation.
For Officers/ Engineers:
- General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.300000 (Rs.50000 for SC/ST/OBC & PWD candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of 3 years from the date of joining
For Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers:
- General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.200000 (Rs.35000 for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of 3 years from the date of joining.
For Officers/ Engineers:
- The candidates selected as Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.24900 per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around Rs.10.50 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP)
For Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers:
- The candidates selected as Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.20600 per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around Rs.7.00 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP)
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) or on the websites of www.iitkgp/gate2014.com or any other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore website
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, these candidates can apply online in IOCL on the career section of IOCL website at http://www.iocl.com/ from 18-December-2013 on-wards.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form with unique registration number, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep that for future reference.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only
- Candidates should note that the selection process will commence only after the declaration of GATE 2014 results.