Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), or simply IndianOil, is an Indian government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. The company is the 83rd largest public sector corporation, according to the Fortune list for Global 500 companies in the world. This is also the largest public sector corporation in India as per revenue generation. IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for a 49% share in the petroleum products market, 31% share in refining capacity and 67% shareholder of downstream pipelining sector in India. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year. IOCL has been conferred Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its expanded scale of operation.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering as Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers in its core sector of operation.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers
Number of Vacancies: 250 numbers (There will be reservation of posts for scheduled categories as per rules)
- Final date for online submission of Application: 21-Sept-2013
Disciplines of Engineers:
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
- Computer Science & Information Technology (excluding information & communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions.
- Without GATE-2013 valid score card, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 65% for General and OBC (non-creamy layer), and pass marks for SC, ST and OBC
- Candidates, who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or will complete the same by September, 2013 are eligible to apply
- For candidates pursuing/ completed ME/ MTech, they must have completed their BE/ BTech in any of the specified disciplines and already taken GATE-2013 examination in the discipline of their B.Tech are eligible to apply
- Candidates pursuing combined disciplines like Mechatronics/ Robotics are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 26 years as on 30th of June, 2013
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Medical Examination before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at: http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Pre-employment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Assistant Engineers and Assistant Officers in the above disciplines through IOCL must have appeared in GATE-2013 in the same disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2013 score
- Based only on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines. GATE-2012 score will not be considered valid for this recruitment.
- Further selection will be based on Group Discussion / Group Task and Personal Interview.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
Service Conditions and Bond:
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division/ Unit/ Subsidiary Company/ Office of the Corporation.
- General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.200000 (Rs.35000 for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of 3 years from the date of joining.
- The candidates selected as Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.26000 per month.
- In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around 7.00 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP)
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- Those who had applied for the positions through GATE-2013 examination against the previous IOCL advertisement published in September–2012 and finally not selected shall be required to apply afresh. Such candidates will not be considered automatically for the position of Assistant Officers/ Assistant Engineers.
- Candidates will have to apply online in IOCL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number and GATE-2013 Score on the career section of IOCL website at http://www.iocl.com/
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- During the registration all details including the name should be filled up exactly as it was during the GATE-2013 registration.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form with unique registration number, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep that for future reference.
- One must refer to official advertisement here http://ioclrecruit.in/asstofficer/images/Detail_Ad_Asst_Officers.pdf