Indian Overseas Bank Initiative For Training And Recruitment of 50 PO & Clerks Through Udaan-SII In J&K
To motivate the youth force and channelize their potential for constructive development of the nation the National Skill Development Corporation has ventured a new scheme of Udaan – Special Industry Initiative (SII) for the state of Jammu & Kashmir with effect from 2013. With the implementation of this scheme, the main focus is to train the graduate youths from the state with the corporate bodies so as to provide them an opportunity to nurture their skills. Under this Udaan- SII, the Indian Overseas Bank as a leading commercial bank of India has come forward to train 100 youths in successive phases of training and induct them as Probationary Officers & Probationary Clerks in the Bank.
The training will be conducted for 100 youths and 50 (50%) of the trained youth will be inducted as PO/ Clerks in Indian Overseas Bank in successive phases.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the recruitment norms are as under:
Name of the program: Special Industry Initiative for J& K (UDAAN)
Collaborating agency: National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) & Govt. of J&K
- Date of commencement of Online Registration at IOB website: 06-Feb-2014
- Last date for Online Registration: 21-Feb-2014
- Downloading of Call letters: After 18-Mar-2014
- Date of Online/ Offline Examination: 30-Mar-2014 (Tentative)
- Month of Interview for Trainee Induction: April-May-2014
- Date for recognizing age, education and qualification: 01-Feb-2014
Numbers of Trainees to be selected: 100 trainees
- Probationary Officer Trainee: 50 Posts (SC-06, ST-04, OBC-14, UR-26 and PWD-02)
- Probationary Clerk Trainee: 50 Posts (SC-04, ST-06, OBC-14, UR-26 and PWD-02, Ex-SM-06)
Expected numbers of Induction in the Indian Overseas Bank: Total 50
- Probationary Officer (JMGS-I): 25 Persons (SC-03, ST-02, OBC-07, UR-13, PWD-01)
- Probationary Clerk: 25 Positions (SC-02, ST-03, OBC-07, UR-13, PWD-01, Ex-SM-03)
Mode of Application:
- Online through the website of the NSDC at www.nsdcudaan.com
- Offline through the prescribed application form as available at the Nodal Officers at Degree Colleges & Specific Indian Overseas Bank branches (Details at http://www.Indian Overseasbank.com/english/scripts/SII-JK-Full-Advt.aspx)
- The applicants must have obtained a Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) on or before 01-Feb-2014
- The fraction of percentage will not be rounded off to the next whole number.
- The candidates should be familiar with basic computer operations
- The candidates should have good-command over Hindi in verbal and written mode
- The applicants must have attained 20 Years of age and should not have crossed maximum age of 28 years as on 01-Feb-2014.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules for scheduled categories, persons with disability and backward classes
Training Period: Total Duration 3 months
- The training will be a mix of Class Room training and On-the-Job training at the bank as decided by the Bank.
- The final selection of candidates will be done with a consideration of their performance in the Training and Academic Excellence of the candidates.
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- Stipend During Residential Training: Rs.2500 per month
- Salary after appointment:
- JMGS-I: Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 along with other perks and incentives
- Probationary Clerks: Rs.7200 – Rs.19300 along with other perks and incentives
Probation Period & Service Bond:
Candidates selected for all positions mentioned above will serve a probation period from the date of joining the Bank as determined by the Bank.
- Probationary Officer (JMGS-I): Probations Period 2 Years – Bond for Rs.100000 – Min. Service Period 3 Years
- Probationary Clerk: Probations Period 6 months
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done through a Written Test and Interview for the above mentioned posts
- The final selection will be done considering the marks obtained in the Written Test and interview in a proportionate manner.
- This selection will be done strictly on a Merit Listing
- Final Selection for appointment as Probationary Officers and Clerks with the Bank will be made based on the academic performance of the candidates in the 3 months training and/or Online/Offline examination and/or Interview and/or any other selection methodology decided by the Bank.
- The Bank reserves all rights for selection of candidates as per its discretion
How to Apply:
- The candidates may apply through online at the website of the NSDC at http://www.nsdcudaan.com/ or at the website of the bank at www.iob.in
- The applicants are requested to read through the detailed advertisement as available at www.iob.in/uploads/CEDocuments/1.%20ENGLISH%20-%20FINAL%20UDAAN%20WEB%20AD%2031.01.2014.pdf, before applying Online.
- The applicants can apply for One Post only. Multiple applications will be rejected.
- The applicants are advised to fill in the application with caution as there will be no chance of altering the data once the application form is submitted
- The candidates are advised to fill in only the facts with respect to their credentials
- Any request for change of address/ e-mail id for communication will NOT be entertained.
- At the time of Online/Offline Examination, Interview as well as reporting for Training, the candidates have to submit the call letter for Online/Offline Examination/Interview/Training, Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) along with Original Photo Identity proof
- The Interview Call Letters will be made available to candidates on the website of the Indian Overseas Bank. Hence, the applicants are requested to check the website at regular intervals for updates about this notification.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>