Indian Navy Recruitment 2014 For Sailors Under Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)-01/2015
Indian navy is one of the most electrifying career for any youth today as it is laced with challenges, proud and honor. Guarding the coastlines of the nation with high degree of technicality and bravery, Indian Navy is surpassing a glorious history since independence of this sovereign nation. As our country is surrounded from three sides by the waves of the oceans and seas, safeguarding the national boundaries can become possible through the dedicated and armed wing of the national security – our beloved Indian Navy.
With the recent initiative from the Indian Navy, it has announced to intake young unmarried Indians as Sailors in Indian Navy. This will be a part of Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) for the 01/2015 batch.
The details of the application and eligibility criteria along with the selection procedure are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: Online only through the website of Indian Navy
(However the candidates are requested to send one set of documents and printout of online application to the designated address so as to reach that by the scheduled date)
- Date of commencement of receipt of Online/ Offline Application: 26-May-2014
- Last Date Online registration of Application: 08-June-2014
- Date of closure of receipt of Hardcopy of Online Application: 16-June-2014
- Date of closure of receipt of Offline Application for far flung areas (as scheduled): 23-June-2014
- Tentative date for written examination/ Medical test: Sept/ Oct 2014
- The applicant, who is a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, and is unmarried, is only eligible to apply for these posts.
- An applicant must possess an Intermediate Science certificate from the 10+2 system of education with Physics, Mathematics and any one subject from Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology.
Date of Birth (Age Specifications):
- The candidates applying for Sailors in Indian Navy under SSR Scheme must have been born in between 01-February-1994 to 31-January-1998 (both days are included for consideration)
- They should have obtained minimum 17 years of age and should not have exceeded 21 years of age as on 01-Feb-2015.
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
- The sailors will be eligible to receive a grade pay in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200. In addition to basic pay they will be entitled to receive grade pay of Rs.2000 + MSP allowance of Rs.2000 + DA as per norms
- The candidates who join as an Artificer Apprentice will also be eligible for promotion and can be promoted to Master Chief Petty Officer with a grade pay of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with grade pay of Rs.4800 and other allowances as per norms.
- An amount of Rs.5700 per month will be admissible as stipend during initial training period.
- The selected candidates will also be eligible for Perquisites as per the naval norms and they can get free books, accommodation, uniform, and fooding. Apart from that they will also be entitled to receive facilities such as Medical for self and family, Leave travel concession, Group housing scheme, annual and casual leave, post retirement benefits, children education etc as per the norms.
- The selection of aspirants will be done on a national merit basis with a written test followed by Physical Fitness Test conducted by a Medical team of Indian Navy.
- The short-listing of candidates for written test will be done as per their marks obtained in the 10+2 standard.
- The Written test will be conducted in bi-lingual (English and Hindi) mode
- The question paper will consists of questions from English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge
- The questions will follow 10+2 level of knowledge and pattern
- The duration of examination will be of One Hour
- The candidates have to pass in all subjects as well as in over all consideration
Physical Fitness Test:
- The candidates have to undergo a Physical Fitness Test where qualification is mandatory for further stages of selection.
- Indian navy will not be responsible for any mishaps during PFT
- The candidates will have to undergo a medical standard test where the minimum height, weight, chest, and eyesight will be tested to the level of requirement in armed service as defined by Indian Navy. The candidates are advised to clean their ear for wax and teeth for tartar before applying for this test.
- Final Enrollment Medical: The candidates selected for recruitment have to undergo final Enrollment Medical at INS Chilka prior to their recruitment. Any person declared “Unfit” in this final enrollment medical will not be allowed to join and his candidature will be dimmed as disqualified.
Training and Preliminary Engagement:
- The candidates who have been selected for preliminary engagement with the national merit list will have to undergo training at the INS Chilka and at different Naval Training Establishments.
- Any candidate found not up to the standard as required for Naval Recruitment will be returned back declaring UNSUITABLE on account of under-performance
- The initial engagement after successful completion of training will be for 20 years in Indian Navy.
How to Apply:
- The applications are received in Online mode only
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to log in to the portal of Indian Navy at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the address mentioned on the along with the other documentary evidence and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
For Address for sending completed Application Form, please refer to the complete advertisement at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in:
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “Online SSR Application -01/2015 batch & 10+2 Percentage ______” in bold and Capital letters.
- The photographs should be clear and in a good shape with blue background.
- The candidates are advised to contact with IHQ MoD, New Delhi with the telephone number 011-23793067 for any clarification over the application procedure.
- The Navy will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss.
- The physical print form of application reaching latest by 16-June-2014 will be considered as the final application receipt although online application would have been submitted.
- Signature of the attesting officer as well as his seal should be clear and readable.
- Any form of unethical activities, unfair means or any sort of misconduct will considered as a serious offense, and will be dealt with strict disciplinary measures.
- Indian Navy does not have any agent for recruitment and applicants are made aware to keep distance from any such person claiming so. The candidates may inform Navy regarding any such occurrences.