Indian navy is one of the most electrifying career for any youth today as it is laced with challenges, proud and honor. For every profile of the education there is a position available in Indian Navy, even if the standard of education is Non-Matric or Matriculation. A candidates interested to create a career in Indian Navy, can access an option through competitive selection to create a career in Indian Navy under such recruitment Norms.
With the recent initiative from the Indian Navy, it has announced to intake young unmarried Indians as Sailors in Indian Navy. This will be a part of Matric/ Non-Matric Recruitment for the 01/2014 batch. The course is scheduled to start from April 2014 and will need persons to join as Cook (Matric Recruit), Steward (Matric Recruit) & Topass (Non-Matric Recruit). The details of the application and eligibility criteria along with the selection procedure are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: Offline mode
- Date of commencement of receipt of Online Application: 17-June-2013
- Last Date Online registration of Application: 27-June-2013
- Date of closure of receipt of Hardcopy of Online Application: 07-July-2013
- Date of closure of receipt of Offline Application for far flung areas (as scheduled): 14-July-2013
- Tentative date for written examination/ Medical test: Sept/ Oct 2013
- Date of commencement of Course in Indian Navy (01/2014 Batch): April, 2014
Who can Apply:
The applicant, who is a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, and is unmarried, is only eligible to apply for these posts.
Academic Qualification & Job Responsibility:
- Cook (Matric Recruit): An applicant must possess Matriculation (10th standard). They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both Veg and Non-veg). They will be allotted other duties.
- Steward (Matric Recruit): An applicant must possess Matriculation (10th standard). They would be required to serve food in the officers messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu. They will be allotted other duties.
- Topass (Non-Matric Recruit): An applicant must possess 6th standard. They would be required to Maintain hygiene in wash rooms and other areas along with other duties as assigned.
Date of Birth:
The candidates applying for Sailors in Indian Navy under this Scheme must have been within 17 -21 years of age as on 1-April-2014
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
- The sailors will be eligible to receive a grade pay in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200. In addition to basic pay they will be entitled to receive grade pay + MSP allowance + DA as per norms
- The selected candidates will also be eligible for Perquisites as per the naval norms and they can get free accommodation, uniform, and fooding. Apart from that they will also be entitled to receive facilities such as Medical for self and family, Leave travel concession, Group housing scheme, annual and casual leave, post retirement benefits, children education etc as per the norms.
The selection of aspirants will be done on a national merit basis with a Written Test followed by Trade Test and Physical Fitness Test conducted by a Medical team of Indian Navy.
Physical Fitness Test:
- The candidates have to undergo a Physical Fitness Test where qualification is mandatory for further stages of selection.
- Indian navy will not be responsible for any mishaps during PFT
- The candidates will have to undergo a medical standard test where the minimum height, weight, chest, and eyesight will be tested to the level of requirement in armed service as defined by Indian Navy. The candidates are advised to clean their ear for wax and teeth for tartar before applying for this test.
- Final Enrollment Medical: The candidates selected for recruitment have to undergo final Enrollment Medical at INS Chilka prior to their recruitment. Any person declared “Unfit” in this final enrollment medical will not be allowed to join and his candidature will be dimmed as disqualified.
Training and Preliminary Engagement:
- The candidates who have been selected for preliminary engagement with the national merit list will have to undergo training at the INS Chilka and at other different Naval Training Establishments.
- Any candidate found not up to the standard as required for Naval Recruitment will be returned back declaring UNSUITABLE on account of under-performance
- The initial engagement after successful completion of training will be for 20 years in Indian Navy.
How to Apply:
- The applications are received only through prescribed format of application only
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to get the exact format of application from the portal of Indian Navy at http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/forthcomingSailor.php.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to make two copies of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the address mentioned below along with the other documentary evidence and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
- Address to send the copy of the Application form:
Post Box No. 2,
Lodhi Road Post Office, New Delhi -110003