Indian Navy Recruitment 2013 Through Selection Drive At Goa, Mumbai and Chennai For Sailors Under (SSR)-01/2014
Indian navy is one of the most electrifying career for any youth today as it is laced with challenges, proud and honor. Guarding the coastlines of the nation with high degree of technicality and bravery, Indian Navy is surpassing a glorious history since independence of this sovereign nation. As our country is surrounded from three sides by the waves of the oceans and seas, safeguarding the national boundaries can become possible through the dedicated and armed wing of the national security – our beloved Indian Navy.
With the recent initiative from the Indian Navy, it has announced to intake young unmarried Indians as Sailors in Indian Navy through its Recruitment Drive at Goa, Mumbai and Chennai. This will be a part of Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) for the 01/2014 batch. The candidates should note that the recruitment drive will be conducted on the same date at same time at 3 different venues of Goa, Mumbai & Chennai.
The details of the application and eligibility criteria along with the selection procedure are mentioned underneath:
- Date of Recruitment Drive: 12-Sept-2013
- Date of commencement of Course in Indian Navy (01/2014 Batch): February, 2014
Details of Rally:
- Time to report at Venue of Recruitment Drive: 06.30 Hours
- Venue of the Rally at Goa: Indian Naval Ship Gomantak, Vasco-da-Gama, Goa-403802
- Venue of the Rally at Mumbai: Indian Naval Ship Hamla, Marve, Malad (W), Mumbai-400064
- Venue of the Rally at Chennai: Indian Naval Ship Adyar, C/o Navy Office Port Complex, Raji Road, Chennai-600009
Who can Apply:
The applicant, who is a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, and is unmarried, is only eligible to apply for these posts.
An applicant must possess an Intermediate Science certificate from the 10+2 system of education with Physics, Mathematics (as compulsory subjects) and any one subject from Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology (as optional subjects).
Date of Birth:
The candidates applying for Sailors in Indian Navy under SSR Scheme must have been born in between 01-February-1993 to 31-January-1997 (both days are included for consideration)
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
- The sailors will be eligible to receive a grade pay in the scale as applicable by Indian Navy as per norms
- The selected candidates will also be eligible for Perquisites as per the naval norms and they can get free books, accommodation, uniform, and fooding. Apart from that they will also be entitled to receive facilities such as Medical for self and family, Leave travel concession, Group housing scheme, annual and casual leave, post retirement benefits, children education etc as per the norms.
The selection of aspirants will be done on a national merit basis with a written test followed by Physical Fitness Test conducted by a Medical team of Indian Navy.
The short-listing of candidates for written test will be done as per their marks obtained in the 10+2 standard.
- The question paper will consists of questions from English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge and will be objective in nature
- The questions will follow 10+2 level of knowledge and pattern
- The candidates have to pass in all subjects as well as in over all consideration
- The detailed syllabus can be obtained at www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
Physical Fitness Test:
- The candidates have to undergo a Physical Fitness Test where qualification is mandatory for further stages of selection.
- This will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Pushups.
- Indian navy will not be responsible for any mishaps during PFT
- The candidates will have to undergo a medical standard test where the minimum height, weight, chest, and eyesight will be tested to the level of requirement in armed service as defined by Indian Navy. The candidates are advised to clean their ear for wax and teeth for tartar before applying for this test.
- Final Enrollment Medical: The candidates selected for recruitment have to undergo final Enrollment Medical at INS Chilka prior to their recruitment. Any person declared “Unfit” in this final enrollment medical will not be allowed to join and his candidature will be dimmed as disqualified.
How to Apply:
- The applicants need to register at the time and venue at the scheduled date for selection
- They need to ensure that they have the following documents during appearing in the venue
- Original and one attested copy of Matriculation certificate.
- Original and one attested copy of 10+2 / equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate .
- Original and one attested copy of NCC certificates, if any.
- One self-addressed envelope of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed.
- Original and one attested photocopy of Domicile Certificate.
- Seven recent color pass port size photographs.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh