Indian navy is one of the most glorifying career for any youth today as it is laced with challenges, and honor. Guarding the coastlines of the nation with high degree of technicality and bravery, Indian Navy is erecting its name with a glorious history since independence of this sovereign nation. As our country is surrounded from three sides by the waves of the oceans and seas, safeguarding the national boundaries can be a daunting task. This dedicated and armed wing of the national security offers its prudent support in safeguarding national security through the maritime boundaries of the nation.
With the recent initiative from the Indian Navy, there is an announcement for filling up competent positions in Logistics (Short Service Commission) and Officers in Education Branch (Permanent Commission) and Naval Armament Inspection Cadre (Permanent Commission) in the course commencing from June-2014.
The details of the application procedure and eligibility criteria are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: The applications are invited Online only through the official website of Indian Navy at http://nausena-bharti.nic.in . However they have to submit the hardcopy of the application to the concerned address to complete their application formality.
(The candidates are advised to submit only one application as multiple applications will subject to rejection of candidature)
- Date of commencement of receipt of Online Application: 07-Oct-2013
- End Date Online registration: 25-Oct-2013
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with all documents: 04-Nov-2013
Where to send the final Application form with Documents:
Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110 021
The Branches of Service to which candidates will be inducted:
- Logistics Cadre (Short Service Commission both for Male & Female candidates)
- Education Cadre (Permanent Commission for only male candidates)
- Naval Armament Inspection Cadre (Permanent Commission for only male candidates)
Who can Apply:
- The applicant, who is a citizen of India, and unmarried can apply for these executive positions and technical cadre positions.
- Logistics cadre (Short Service Commission): An applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BE/ BTech)/ BArch with 60% or above marks for Works cadre AND should possess a Degree in BA/ BCom/ MA/ BE/ BTech/ BSc (IT)/ MSc (IT)/ MBA/ BBA/ CA/ ICWA with minimum 60% marks in aggregate for Logistics cadre.
- Education cadre (Permanent Commission): An applicant must possess MSc in Physics/ Maths/ Operational research and Analysis/ English or History with 50% marks in aggregate OR BE/ BTech/MTech in Mechanical/ Comp. Sc./ IT/ Comp Engg. with 60% marks in aggregate
- NAIC cadre (Permanent Commission): An applicant must possess BE/ BTech in Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical Engineering or Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/Physics with minimum 65% marks.
- Applicants who have not completed their Degree course, need not apply for these posts.
The candidates applying for these branches of PC or SSC must achieve the minimum/ maximum age as mentioned below:
- Logistics cadre (Short Service Commission): Minimum of 19 and half years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st Jan 2014.
- Education cadre (Permanent Commission): Minimum of 21 years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st Jan 2014.
- NAIC cadre (Permanent Commission): Minimum of 19 and half years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st Jan 2014.
The candidates must possess the minimum specified Physical standard in order to get considered for the Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission. There will be no relaxation in the standards.
- Height: 157 cm for male and 152 for female
- Eyesight: 6/60 (without glasses). These should be corrected to 6/6 or 6/12 with glasses
- No colorblindness
Grant of Commission:
The officers get entry into Short Service Commission will not be offered Permanent Commission and granted a term of 10 years of service to the Indian Navy. This can be extended to a maximum period of 14 years from the date of joining.
The Officers in permanent commission will be granted commission during the Training course starting from June 2014 at Indian naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
Full pay and allowances will be offered to Officers while undergoing training
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
The Officers selected through the course commencing from June 2014 will be eligible to receive a salary including basic pay, grade pay plus allowances and other remunerations as per norms. The Grade of Pay for Sub. Lieutenant will be in the order of PB-3 and that for the maximum rank of Vice-Admiral will be in the order of HAG Scale. The CTC for the Sub. Lieutenant will be around Rs. 77750 per month.
- The short-listed candidates will be directly called for the SSB interviews sometime in between February-May 2014 at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore. The short-listing will be done considering all eligibility factors and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The total duration of SSB interview will be of three to five days including Stage-I and II
- The candidates will be selected on a merit performance basis considering their SSB Score, and on SSB Medical Examination.
How to Apply:
- The applications are received online only and any other form of application will therefore be rejected summarily.
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to log in to the portal of Indian Navy at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match with the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the below mentioned address along with the other documentary evidence and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
Address for sending completed Application Form:
Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110 021
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “: ONLINE ROLL NO. ____________ APPLICATION FOR NAIC/EDUCATION/LOG JUN 2014 COURSE Qualification ________ Percentage _____%. in bold and Capital letters.
- Applications to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed Post, Courier and Registered Post will not be accepted anyhow.
- The details of the advertisement can be obtained from the website of Indian Navy at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in