Indian navy invites applications from unmarried Male Candidates for Enrolment as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) Batch – Jan/2013.
Course Commencing: February, 2013
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: Jun 22, 2012
In case, The Candidates From the states of NORTH-EAST, SIKKIM, J&K, ANDMAN & NICOBAR, LAKSHDWEEP & MINICOPY ISLAND, Last Date of Receipt of Applications: Jun 29, 2012
Unmarried Male Candidates, Indian Citizens and Subjects of Nepal & Bhutan.
10+2 OR equivalent examination with Maths and Physics
At least one of the subjects among Chemistry, Biology, and Computer sciences is compulsory.
Candidates should have been born between Feb 01, 1992 and Jan 31, 1996 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay & Allowances
During the initial training period, stipend of Rs. 5700/pm will be admissible.
On completion of initial training, candidates will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200. In addition candidates will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus DA.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
The applications form is to be downloaded from website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Application will be received only through Ordinary Post. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
(b) Short-listing criteria will be based on higher education and percentage of marks.
(c) Call up letters cum admit cards for eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep-Oct 2012. The shortlisted candidates can also download their Call
Letters cum admit card from website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
(d) All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of written examination.
(e) Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day.
(f) Those who qualify Written Test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
(g) Candidates declared Medically Temporary Unfit in the recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible.
(h) Candidates declared Medically Permanent Unfit in the recruitment medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days on payment of Rs. 40 /- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury. (Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will not be considered). No further review/appeal is permissible.
(i) The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon the available vacancies. The centre wise select list of candidates (depending upon the numbers to be inducted) will be displayed at the respective Recruitment Centres on 28 December 2012.
All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Enrolment Medical fitness at INS Chilka.
(j) The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
(k) Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
(l) All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form along-with the Call letter for final medical examination and the candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the internet site www.nausenabharti.nic.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
(m) No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrollment after a period of six months.
Selection Criteria & Process:
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise offour sections i.e. English,Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- Duration of question paper will be of one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Good mental, medical and physical health free fromany disease/ disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP II.
- No Cardio- vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
Final Enrolment Medical Examination:
All selected candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical examination will have to undergo Final Enrolment Medical examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found “unfit” during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No “appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka.
How To Apply:
Manual Application procedure (Refer To Detail Advertisement here http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/pdf/SSR/AdvEng.pdf)
Online Application procedure (Refer To Detail Advertisement here http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/pdf/SSR/AdvEng.pdf)
Note: Candidates sending both Applications, that is, manual and online, will be disqualified straight away.