Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2014 For Naviks in General Duty
(10+2 Entry – 02/2014 Batch)
Indian Coast Guard as a promising border security force protecting the maritime boundaries of the nation, offers some of the highly acclaimed job positions in the Indian job scenario. The Indian Coast Guard is a multi-mission organization, conducting round-the-year real-life operations at sea. Despite being relatively small, it has a wide range of task capabilities for both surface and air operations. The single most important factor today for the Coast Guard today, are the Officers and Men who ultimately meet the challenges at sea. You could be just the man for this challenging sea- going career if you are intelligent and bold and can think with originality and possess leadership qualities. Service in Coast Guard is not merely an employment.
With the recent announcement the Indian Coast Guard is inviting applications from the Indian Nationals for recruitment for various posts of Naviks in General Duty. The candidates need to complete their 10+2 (Intermediate education) to be eligible to apply for the posts.
The details are as mentioned as under:
- Starting Date for Online submission of completed Application: 22-Jan-2014
- Last date for Online submission of completed Application: 29-Jan-2014
- Date of availability of Admit Cards: Feb/ Mar 2014
- Date of Selection Examination: Mar/ April 2014
- Publication of Merit List: July 2014 (tentative)
Details of vacancies:
- Name of the Post: Naviks in Genral duty
- Branches of Recruitment: Navik (General Duty) as Seaman, Communication, Aviation, Store , Writer and Mechanical/Electrical
- Academic Requirements: An applicant must have cleared his 10+2 education (intermediate) with Physics and Mathematics and must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for SC and ST candidates) in aggregate and 60% marks (55% for SC and ST candidates) in Maths and Physics
- Age Criteria: The applicants must have not born before 01-Aug-1992 and should not have born after 31-July-1996 (18 – 22 years). However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, PWD and children of Ex-Coast Guard personnel deceased while in service.
- Pay Scale – The starting emoluments after training will be approximately Rs.20000 per month. This will be done as per the Pay Band-I in the range of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 along with a Grade Pay of Rs.2000. These posts can be promoted to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with a Grade of PB-II (in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 and a Grade Pay of Rs.4800 per month). All expenses during the training will be borne by the Indian Coast Guard.
Selection procedure : Short listed candidates only will be called for Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test followed by a Medical Examination. The decision of the Commander / District Commander regarding selection / rejection of application is final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
The candidates will be selected on a Zonal basis as specific to particular recruitment centre.
Zones of Recruitment:
- North Zone: For states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh
- North-East Zone: For states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Assam, Sikkim, Odisha, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura
- East Zone: For states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, & the Union Territory of Puducherry
- West Zone: For states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Goa and Union Territory of Daman and Lakshadweep
- North-West Zone: For Gujarat state
- Andaman & Nicobar Zone: for Andaman and Nicobar Islands
How to apply:
- Candidates fulfilling the above eligibility criteria should submit their Online Application at the website of Indian Coast Guard at http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The applicants should ensure that they fill all relevant columns with factual information
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement as published on Employment News or at the above website at http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/pdf/Full%20Page%20Navik(GD)-214.pdf before applying for these posts.