Indian Coast Guard as a promising border security force protecting the maritime boundaries of the nation offers some of the highly acclaimed job positions in the Indian job scenario. A job with Indian Coast Guard is known to be of at par status with that of the jobs of the Indian Navy and candidates, who are adequately qualifies are looking into such opportunities for a promising career with Indian Coast Guard.
With the recent announcement, the Indian Coast Guard is inviting applications from the Indian Nationals for a challenging and inspiring career at various branches in the Commissioned ranks of Assistant Commandants.
The details are as mentioned below:
Positions Advertised For: Assistant Commandant (Group ’A’ Gazzetted Officers)
- General Duty
- General Duty as Pilot/ Navigator or Observer
- Technical Branch (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Short Service Commission
Important Dates and Website:
- Date of starting of acceptance of Online Application: 26-May-2014
- Date of Closing of receipt of Online Application: 05-Jun-2014
Pay Scale Provisions:
- A candidate selected for joining as Assistant Commandant will be eligible for a pay band of Rs.15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 5400.
- Apart from this the candidate will be eligible to receive allowances and perks as per their nature of duty and the place of duty.
a) For General Duty & General Duty (i) Pilot, (ii) Navigator or Observer (Only Male): Unmarried male candidates having a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from any University recognized by the Central/ State Govt/ UGC. Additionally the candidate should have qualified 12th standard with aggregate of 60% marks and 60% individually in Physics and Maths.
b) For Technical branch (Mechanical/ Electrical) (Only Male) – Unmarried Male candidates having:
(i) Degree with 60% marks in aggregate in Naval Architecture/ Mechanical/ Marine/ Design/ Production/ Aeronautical/ Automotive/ Industrial and Production/ Instrumentation and Control/ Electrical/ Electronics and Tele Communication in any of the above discipline, recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
(ii) 60% marks in Physics and Maths in 12th class or 3 Years Diploma Course
Or, should have passed Sections A and B of Institute of Engineers (India) Examination in any of the discipline listed above with 60% marks
c) Short Service Commission (both Male and Female) – Unmarried Male/ Female candidates can be selected for Short Service Appointments as Assistant Commandants initially for a period of 8 years, which can be extended to 10 years and thereafter till 14 years.
(i) Pilots (Helicopter and fixed wing) Commercial Pilot License holders – Any Male/ female candidate who have secured 12th class pass certificate with 60% marks and possess current/ valid Commercial Pilot license (CPL) approved by DGCA on the date of registration
(ii) General Duty (Women) – Unmarried female candidates having a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate of a university recognized by the Central/ State Govt/UGC. The candidate should have qualified 12th standard with aggregate of 60% marks in Physics and Maths
Note: There will be 5% relaxation in aggregate in the Degree certificate only for SC & ST, NCC ‘C’ certificate (‘A’ grade) holders, Sports Persons of National level and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. But no relaxation for 12th class marks will be considered.
Age Specific Criteria:
- For General Duty (Only Male): The candidates should have born in between 01-Jul-1990 to 30-Jun-1994 (both dates inclusive)
- For General Duty (i) Pilot, (ii) Navigator or Observer (Only Male): The candidates should have born in between 01-Jul-1990 to 30-Jun-1996 (both dates inclusive)
- For Technical branch (Mechanical/ Electrical) (Only Male): The candidates should have born in between 01-Jul-1990 to 30-Jun-1994 (both dates inclusive)
- For Short Service Commission (Pilots) (Both male & female): The candidates should have born in between 01-Jul-1990 to 30-Jun-1996 (both dates inclusive)
- For Short Service Commission General Duty (Women): The candidates should have born in between 01-Jul-1990 to 30-Jun-1994 (both dates inclusive)
- However, for SC/ST and OBC candidates relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
Additional Eligibility criteria:
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy cannot appear for Pilot branch however may apply for Navigator (or Observer)
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy or having been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges are not eligible to appear this selection.
- Candidates appeared in the final year/ semester exam and awaiting result may also apply provided they should not have any present back papers. Such candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate issued by the University at the time of Preliminary Selection. Provisional degree issued by the college will not be accepted.
Medical Fitness Standards:
- All eligible candidates will have to clear the Medical Fitness Standards as mentioned in the Service Rule Books. The details of the Medial fitness standards can be obtained from the Coast Guard website at www.indiancoastguard.nic.in.
Candidates will have to appear many phases of selection prior to his final selection as Assistant Commandant in Coast Guard.
The phases are:
- Preliminary Selection: Consisting of Mental Ability (Picture Perception and Picture Detection test)
- Final Selection: The candidates selected in the Preliminary Selection will be eligible for Final selection. The final selection will be consisting of Psychological Test, Group Testing and Interview.
- Medical Fitness Test: All selected candidates in the final selection will have to appear the medical fitness test as per the criteria of the Coast Guard.
- PABT: Ground Duty (Pilots) need to appear this Pilot Aptitude and Battery Test at Air Force Service Selection Board. Those who are already qualified, have to submit their batch, chest no and place while filling up the PIQ.
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply ‘Online only’ in between 26-May-2014 to 05-Jun-2014.
- A candidate can log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the section “Recruitment of Assistant Commandant-(01/2015 Batch).”
- The candidates may refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10119_5_1415c.pdf, before submission of their application.
- Name of candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be as per his 10th class pass certificate.
- While filling up the application form, candidates are required to indicate exact percentage of 12th and Degree up to two decimals and are not to be rounding off. Any false entry of percentage detected at any stage of selection will be out-rightly rejected.
- E-mail address and mobile number are mandatory for getting updates regarding the selection process.
- Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after submitting the application.
- After submitting online application, candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system.
- Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the testing centre.
- Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Website on which candidate need to apply Online: www.indiancoastguard.nic.in
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>