Indian Coast Guard as a promising border security force protecting the maritime boundaries of the nation, offers some of the highly acclaimed job positions in the Indian job scenario.
With the recent announcement the Indian Coast Guard is inviting applications from the Indian Nationals for recruitment for various posts of Naviks in General Duty. The candidates need to complete their 10+2 (intermediate education) to be eligible to apply for the posts.
The details are as mentioned as under:
- Starting Date for Online submission of completed Application: 24-June-2013
- Last date for Online submission of completed Application: 07-July-2013
Details of vacancies:
- Name of the Post: Naviks in Genral duty
- Branches of Recruitment: Navik (General Duty) as Seaman, Communication, Aviation, Store , Writer and Mechanical/Electrical
- Academic Requirements: An applicant must have cleared his 10+2 education (intermediate) with Physics and Mathematics and must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for SC and ST candidates) in aggregate and 60% marks (55% for SC and ST candidates) in Maths and Physics
- Age Criteria: The applicants must have not born before 01-Feb-1992 and should not have born after 31-Jan-1996. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, PWD and children of Ex-Coast Guard personnel deceased while in service.
- Pay Scale – The starting emoluments after training will be approximately Rs.20000 per month. All expenses during the training will be borne by the Indian Coast Guard.
Selection procedure : Short listed candidates only will be called for Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test followed by a Medical Examination. The decision of the Commander / District Commander regarding selection / rejection of application is final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
The candidates will be selected on a Zonal basis as specific to particular recruitment centre.
Zones of Recruitment:
- North Zone: For states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh
- North-East Zone: For states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Assam, Sikkim, Orissa, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura
- East Zone: For states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, & the Union Territory of Puducherry
- West Zone: For states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Goa and Union Territory of Daman and Lakshadweep
- North-West Zone: For Gujarat state
- Andaman & Nicobar Zone: for Andaman and Nicobar Islands
How to apply:
- Candidates fulfilling the above eligibility criteria should submit their Online Application at the website of Indian Coast Guard at http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The applicants should ensure that they fill all relevant columns with factual information
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement as published on Employment News on 22-June-2013 or at the above website for other norms.