With the recent announcement, the Indian Coast Guard is inviting applications from the Indian Nationals for a challenging and inspiring career at various branches in the Commissioned ranks of Assistant Commandants.
Positions Advertised For: Assistant Commandant (Group ’A’ Gazzetted Officers)
- General Duty
Important Dates and Website:
- Date of starting of acceptance of Online Application: 21-March-2015
- Date of Closing of receipt of Online Application: 26-March-2015
Pay Scale Provisions:
- A candidate selected for joining as Assistant Commandant will be eligible for a pay band of Rs.15600-39100/- (Pay Band- 3) with Grade Pay Rs 5400.
- Apart from this the candidate will be eligible to receive allowances and perks as per their nature of duty and the place of duty.
General Duty (Only Male): Unmarried male candidates having a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from any University recognized by the Central/ State Govt/ UGC. Additionally the candidate should have qualified 12th standard with aggregate of 60% marks and 60% individually in Physics and Maths.
Age Specific Criteria:
- For General Duty (Only Male): The candidates should have born in between 01-July-1990 to 30-June-1994 (both dates inclusive)
- However, for SC/ST and OBC candidates relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
Additional Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy or having been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges are not eligible to appear this selection.
- Candidates appeared in the final year/ semester exam and awaiting result may also apply provided they should not have any present back papers. Such candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate issued by the University at the time of Preliminary Selection. Provisional degree issued by the college will not be accepted.
Medical Fitness Standards:
- All eligible candidates will have to clear the Medical Fitness Standards as mentioned in the Service Rule Books. The details of the Medial fitness standards can be obtained from the Coast Guard website at www.indiancoastguard.nic.in.
Candidates will have to appear many phases of selection prior to his final selection as Assistant Commandant in Coast Guard.
The phases are:
- Preliminary Selection: Consisting of Mental Ability
The Preliminary Selection will be conducted in End of April, 2015 at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard:-
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face, PO- Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030
- Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai – 600 013
- Coast Guard Selection Board, A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies Ltd., District-Gautam Budha Nagar, Noida, UP – 201 301
- Final Selection: The candidates selected in the Preliminary Selection will be eligible for Final selection. The final selection will be consisting of Psychological Test, Group Testing and Interview.
- Medical Fitness Test: All selected candidates in the final selection will have to appear the medical fitness test as per the criteria of the Coast Guard.
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply ‘Online only’ in between 21-March-2015 to 26-March-2015.
- A candidate can log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the section “Recruitment of Assistant Commandant”
- The candidates may refer to the detailed advertisement at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/PDF/Advertisement/FULL_%20PAGE_%20ADVT%20General%20Duty.pdf, before submission of their application.
- After submitting online application, candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system.
- Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the testing centre.
- Any candidate who does not carry all required documents as suggested in official advertisement at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Website on which candidate need to Apply Online: www.indiancoastguard.nic.in