Established in the year 1907, Indian Bank has been formed out of the Swadeshi Movement by a group of Indians. Since that time Indian Bank is one of the finest banking institutions in India with a vicious circle of growth and dynamism. This bank bears a glorious history customer centric business as well as ethical money laundering practices. With the growth and globalization this bank has been considered as one of the most successful banking institutions among all the nationalized banks. Presently with its dynamic services this bank has truly become a bank for Indians with its enormous popularity and business inside India.
Presently Indian Bank is operating Indian Bank Trust for Rural Development (IBTRD), as a social initiative. IBTRD is running 12 Indian Bank Self Employment Training Institutes (INDSETIs) at various locations in Puducherry and South Indian cities. With the recent initiative the IBTRD is looking for engagement of support staff on contractual basis for a period of two years at INDSETIs for training and official duties.
The details of the requirement are as follows:
Cadre of Recruitment:
- Faculty (INDSETI) – 12 Positions (1 each for each establishment)
- Office Assistant (INDSETI) – 12 positions (1 each for each establishment)
Most Important Dates:
- Last date for receipt of Application: 30-April-2013
Mode of Recruitment: Contractual for an initial period of 2 years
Details of Eligibility Criteria:
The applicants must not have crossed 65 years of age and should be with sound health
- Office Assistant (INDSETI) – BSW / B.A/ B.Com/B.Sc along with knowledge of basic Accounts as a preferred qualification
- Faculty (INDSETI) – MSW / M.Com / M.Sc / M.A in Rural Development/ MA in Sociology/ Psychology / B.Sc in Agriculture & allied subjects.
- Office Assistant (INDSETI) – 2-3 years of experience in Accounting/ Banking
- Faculty (INDSETI) – 3-5 years of teaching experience or experience in Social Work / Rural Development, and should have a flair for teaching.
- Language Proficiency:
All candidates need to have fluency in both written and spoken English and local language and should posses good Communication Skills
- Computer Proficiency:
All candidates need to have proficiency in Computer Operation, MS Office, internet and email
The applicants who are finally selected for appointment will have to serve concerned INDSETI for a period of 2 years in training and official duties from the date of joining.
- The candidates will receive a lump sum amount per month.
- Remuneration for Faculty is set at Rs.15000 (all inclusive) per month and that of The Office Assistant is set at Rs.10000 (all inclusive) per month.
- No other allowances/ reimbursement of expenses will be admissible.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Personal Interview at the bank’s discretion.
- The decision of the bank will be Final and Binding on the selection
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates, who fulfil the above eligibility criteria can apply through the prescribed application form available at the website of the bank at http://indianbank.in
- The aspirants should take care to fill in all details as indicated by the Application Form, failure of which may subject to rejection of candidature
- The completed application form along with all photocopies of credential must be submitted to the concerned INDSETI address so as to reach the office by the last date of application (i.e. 30-April-2013)
- The completed applications can be sent by Post/ Registered Post only
- The completed applications should mention the nature of assignment applied on the cover of the envelop
- The details to send completed application can be availed at http://indianbank.in/pdfs/rec/INDSETI_Appointment.pdf
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- The vacancies intimated are provisional the Management of Indian Bank reserves the right to fill or not to fill the positions without assigning any reason thereof.