Indian Army Recruitment 2016-17 For Short Service Commission (Technical) For Both Male And Female Candidates
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates from married/ unmarried male and unmarried female candidates having a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course; and who have an inclination for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for Technical Entry. The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- Short Service Commission (Men): 48th Batch Technical
- Short Service Commission (Women): 19th Batch Technical
- Course Starting Date: April-2017
Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 27-July-2016
Final date for Online Registration of Application: 24-August-2016
Number of vacancies (Discipline-wise):
Total 171 posts [150 for Men (SSC(T)-48Men) + 20 for Women(SSCW(T)-19Women + 01 Posts of SSCW (Non-Tech)]
- Civil Engineering (Civil Structural Construction) & Structural Engineering: 36 Vacancies for Men and 06 Vacancies for Women
- Mechanical Engineering: 10 Vacancies for Men and 05 Vacancies for Women
- Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 16 Vacancies for Men and 05 Vacancies for Women
- Automobile Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men
- Aeronautical/Aerospace/Avionics Engineering: 10 Vacancies for Men
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc Computer Sc: 23 Vacancies for Men
- Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication Engineering: 15 Vacancies for Men and 03 Vacancies for Women
- Electronics/ Opto-Electronics/ Fibre Optics/ Micro Electronics & Microwave: 22 Vacancies for Men and 04 Vacancies for Women
- Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men
- Architecture & Building Construction: 03 Vacancies for Men
- Food Tech/ Bio Tech/ Bio-Chemical Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men
- Chemical Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men
- Metallurgy & Explosives/ Metallurgical Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men
- Industrial: 01 Vacancy for Men
- Production: 04 Vacancies for Men
- Remote Sensing: 02 Vacancies for Men
- Transportation Engineering: 01 Vacancy for Men
- Laser Tech: 01 Vacancy for Men
For Widows of Defence Personnel – Vacancies – 01 post
- SSC W (Non Tech) for Graduate in any discipline – 01 Post under Non UPSC Entry
Norms of Eligibility:
- For Engineering Graduates: The candidates (both Men & Women) studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree (in respective disciplines) and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering (in respective disciplines) will be eligible to apply.
- The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of Training at OTA (Officers Training Academy).
For SSC (Tech)-44 Men: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Apr-1990 and not later than 01-Apr-1997 (both these days are included for consideration).
For SSC (Tech)-15 Women: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Apr-1990 and not later than 01-Apr-1997 (both these days are included for consideration).
For Widows of Defence Personnel
For SSCW (Non-Tech): The candidate must be within 19-29 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Jan-1988 and not later than 01-Jan-1998 (both these days are included for consideration).
NOTE: Widows of Defence Personnel, including those with children will only be eligible if they are not remarried. The envelope containing the application of such candidates should be super-scribed in Red Ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late ……., Such candidates will apply OFF LINE directly to Integrated HQ of Min of Defence (Army), AG’s Branch, DG Rtg/ Rtg – 6 (WE) Section, West Block – III, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110066
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency:
- As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Total Training duration will be of 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA).
- On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA.
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on probation) and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lieutenant during training period.
- Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
- The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets from OTA.
Grant of Commission:
- Short Service Commission will be allowed to Officers (Male and Female) in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
- Male officers may be granted permanent Commission after completion of 10 years of service.
- Female officers will not be entitled for extension beyond 14 years of SSC.
- One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted on confirmation of Short Service Commission.
Selection Procedure: The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification, before applying online.
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms.
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form.