JAG Entry Course – 14th Course – April 2015
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates with Law background, who have an ambition for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for entry in Army Judge Advocate General Department.
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION in Army Judge Advocate General Department
- Starting date for registration of online application: 19-Aug-2014 from 10:00 AM
- Closing date for registration of online application: 19-Sep-2014 by 5:00 PM
Details of Vacancies:
- For this SSC recruitment the expected vacancies are 14 numbers out of which 10 Posts are for Men and 04 Posts are for Women candidates.
Norms of Eligibility:
The candidate must not have exceeded 27 years of age and should be above 21 years of age as on 31-Dec-2014 to be eligible for consideration. He/ She should not have born not earlier than 02-Jan-1988 and not later than 01-Jan-1994.
b) Educational Standards:
- The candidates must have completed LLB Degree (3 years professional course after graduation or 5 years of integrated law course after 10+2 examination) with minimum 55% marks from any of the recognized Indian University as recognized by Bar Council of India (BCI).
- The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/ State.
c) Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.indianarmy.nic.in/ or at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in commissioned by Directorate General Recruiting.
Pay Packages and CTC:
- Officers, on commissioning in the rank of Captain are entitled to a basic pay of Rs.15600 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 (Rs.21000 per month), in addition to Dearness Allowance (DA) and others as admissible.
- On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lieutenant and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
Grant of Commission:
- The candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant after completion of their training Period and will be incorporated in Pay Band-III as illustrated above.
Tenure of Commission:
- All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of ten (10) years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
- The period of ten years may further be extended for another four (4) years subject to their performance.
- The term of SSC will be maximum for a tenure of 14 years.
- Officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of period of ten years in Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of permanent commission in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant rules.
- SSC Officers on release before or expiry of contractual length of service will carry reserve liability to serve the Army for five years plus two years on voluntary basis or up to the age of 37 years for women and 40 years for men whichever is earlier.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers’ Training Academy (OTA), Chennai for total duration of 49 weeks (approximately 11 months).
- After successful completion of training at OTA, Chennai, the candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt.
- No ante-date seniority will be granted.
- After successful completion of training at OTA, Chennai, the candidates will be awarded “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of Madras.
The selection will be based on a two stage selection modality with the Service Selection Board:
- Short listing of Candidature at Recruiting Directorate, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) as per the decision of DG Recruiting.
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
(Two stage selection procedure based on psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same date.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the ONLINE MODE as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at the above website.
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
- Candidates can contact Tel. No. (011) 26173215 (between 2 PM to 5 PM Monday to Friday) Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army), West Block –III, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066, for further clarifications.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>