With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates, who have an ambition for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for entry in Army Dental Corps (AD Corps).
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION in Army Dental Corps (AD Corps)
- Closing date for Receipt of Application: 31-August-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Date for reckoning Age and Eligibility: 31-Dec-2014
Details of Vacancies:
- For this SSC recruitment the expected vacancies are 37 numbers
Norms of Eligibility:
The candidate must not have exceeded 45 years of age as on 31-Dec-2014 to be eligible for consideration
b) Educational Standards:
- The candidates must have completed BDS/MDS (with minimum 55% marks in final year BDS) from any of the recognized Indian University as recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidate must have completed one year rotatory Internship recognized by DCI.
- The applicants must have been registered with DCI and must possess Permanent Dental Registration Certificate valid at least up to 31-Dec-2014
c) Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.indianarmy.nic.in/
Pay Packages and CTC:
- Officers, on commissioning in the rank of Captain are entitled to a basic pay of Rs.15600, Grade Pay of Rs.6100, Military Service Pay of Rs.6000, Non-Practice Allowance (NPA) @25% of basic pay, in addition to Kit Maintenance Allowance (KMA) and Dearness Allowance (DA) as admissible
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
- MDS degree holders will be eligible for PG allowance of Rs.1250 p.m. or “Specialist Pay” after undergoing the laid down procedure.
Grant of Commission:
- The candidates will be granted Commission in the rank of Captain after completion of their training Period and will be incorporated in Pay Band-III.
Tenure of Commission:
- All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five (5) years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
- The period of five years may further be extended for another nine (9) years subject to their performance in two spells (5 years and 4 years respectively)
- The term of SSC will be maximum for a tenure of 14 years.
- On completion of 2 years service as SSC officer, they are eligible to apply for limited number of vacancies available for Departmental Permanent Commission (DPC) provided they had not attained the age of 30 years (for BDS candidates) and 35 years (for MDS candidates)
- SSC officers are eligible for time scale promotion up to the rank of Lt. Col.
- Permanent Commissioned (PC) officers are eligible for time scale promotion up to the rank of Lt. Col., thereafter up to the rank of Lt. Gen. by selection.
- Candidates who hold 3 years MDS Degree will be eligible for 3 years antedate seniority.
The selection will be based on a two stage selection modality with the Service Selection Board:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at http://indianarmy.nic.in/
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://indianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/WhatsNew/445/SSC%20Ad-2014.pdf
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed indicating clearly “Application for Short Service Commission in AD Corps”
- Address to send completed application form (should reach the address before 31-Aug-2014):
Director General Armed Forces Medical Services
Room No. 25, ‘L’ Block
Ministry of Defence, New Delhi-110001
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>