With the recent announcement, the Indian Army is going for direct recruitment through a Rally at Uditnagar Stadium, Rourkela in the district of Sundargarh for inducting young and energetic persons from Odisha. This rally will be conducted to select candidates from all districts of Odisha for the posts of Soldiers in General Duty/ Soldiers in Technical Duty/ Soldiers as Nursing Assistant and Soldier Clerk/Store Keeper for the year 2014-15.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
Important Schedule of Rally:
- 05-July-2014: For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper from all districts of Odisha
- 05-July-2014: For Soldier Technical/Soldier Technical (Aviation)/Soldier Technical (Ammunition Examiner) from districts of Angul, Balangir, Bargarh, Deogarh, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Keonjhar, Sambalpur, Sonepur & Sundargarh
- 06-July-2014: For Soldier General Duty from the districts of Angul, Balangir, Bargarh, Sonepur (Subarnapur) & Sundargarh
- 07-July-2014: For Soldier General Duty from the districts of Dhenkanal, Keonjhar, Deogarh, Sambalpur & Jharsuguda
- 08-July-2014: For Soldier Tradesman from the districts of Angul, Balangir, Bargarh, Sonepur (Subarnapur) & Sundargarh
- 09-July-2014: For Soldier Tradesman from the districts of Dhenkanal, Keonjhar, Deogarh, Sambalpur & Jharsuguda
- 10-July-2014: For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper from all districts of Odisha
- 10-July-2014: For Soldier Technical/ Store Technical (Aviation/ Ammunition Examiner) from Angul, Balangir, Bargarh, Deogarh, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Keonjhar, Sambalpur, Sonepur & Sundargarh
- 10-July-2014: For Soldier DSC from Angul, Balangir, Bargarh, Deogarh, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Keonjhar, Sambalpur, Sonepur & Sundargarh
- 11-July-2014: Aptitude Test for Soldier Tradesman
- 12-July-2014: Medical Fitness Test for all balance candidates
- 13-July-2014: Medical Fitness Test for all balance candidates & Dispersal.
NOTE: Common Entrance Examination (CEE) shall be conducted at VSS Stadium, Sambalpur at 0600h on 31 Aug 2014 (Sunday) for all candidates (who pass physical and medical tests).
Venue of Rally: Uditnagar Stadium, Rourkela, Sundargarh, Odisha
Time of Registration:
- Registration shall be opened on each day from 0500hrs to 0700hrs.
- No candidate will be allowed to attend the rally if he reports after 0700hrs
Details of the Posts & Vacancies:
a) Soldier in General Duty
b) Soldiers in Tradesman
c) Soldiers as Clerk/ Store Keeper Technical
d) Soldiers Technical as Nursing Assistant
e) Soldiers in Technical Duty
a) Soldiers as Clerk/ Store Keeper: The candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum of 50% marks and at least 40% in each subject including English. For candidates having Graduation/ Post-Graduation the percentage of marks will not be accounted for. However should have studied English and Math/Book keeping/ Accountancy in Class-X or Class-XII and should have secured 40% marks in each of these subjects.
A candidate appearing for Soldier Clerk/ SKT are awarded additional weightage of 20% on marks scored in Common Entrance Exam (CEE) provided the individual has adequate knowledge in computer and typing. 20% Bonus marks will be provided to the candidate who produces the certificate of “BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMER” issued by the DOEACC Society.
b) Soldiers Technical: The candidates must have passed 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects (must have secured at least 45% in English). Should have secured minimum pass marks in each subject even if any one of them is taken as an optional subject.
The candidates having passed 3 years Diploma in Engineering can apply for these posts provided they have secured minimum 50% marks in their Matriculation.
c) Soldiers Technical (Ammunition Examiner)/ Soldiers Technical (AVN): The candidates must have passed 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject OR, Must have 3 years Diploma certificate in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Automobile Engineering/ Computer Science
d) Soldier in General Duty: The candidates must have passed minimum SSC standard with 45% marks and 33% in each subject. Candidates having 10+2 or above need not fulfill the criteria of percentage of marks.
e) Soldier in General Duty (ST): The candidates must have passed 8th standard of School education.
f) Soldiers Tradesman: The candidates must have passed 10th Standard (8th pass for Mess Keeper, House Keeper & Syce candidates only)
Note: For NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificate holders there will be additional award of marks to be included in final selection
- Soldiers in General Duty & General Duty (ST): A candidate must be aged between 171/2 to 21 years. (should not have born before 05-July-1993)
- Soldiers in Technical Duty (AVN/ ARM)/ Clerk/ Storekeeper/ Tradesman: A candidate must be aged between 171/2 to 23 years (should not have born before 05-July-1991)
- The candidates not born after 04-Jan-1997 (for all trades)
- Height: 162 -169 cm
- Weight: 50 kg
- Chest: 77 Cm without expansion and 82 cm with expansion
- As per standard Norms (details at http://ordistportalcontent.nic.in/storeddata/advertisement/ORISBP_ADVERTISEMENT_1664.pdf )
Character and Nativity Certificate:
- All candidates have to produce a Character Certificate issues by IIC of their concerned Police Station/ School HM/ Sarpanch/ MLA or Member of Zilla Parisad and the certificate should be issued within last 6 months.
- The candidates need to be domicile of the Odisha state and should attach the Nativity Certificate from competent authorities signed in that respect.
- The applicants get selected as Soldiers will be receiving a monthly remuneration in the along with other facilities as extended by Indian Army after completion of training.
- A stipend will be paid during period of training
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done at Rally abiding the following procedure:
- Physical Standard Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Personal Interview
- Final Medical Examination
Documents required for Rally:
- Unattested Photographs
- Certificates of all education with original and two sets of photocopies
- Domicile Certificate, Sports certificate, NCC ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ certificate, Caste Certificate, Character Certificate
- Other certificates claiming relaxation or advantage of marks
About Indian Army:
Indian Army has always a charm of being one of the most prestigious forces of the world, with high degree of commitment and dedication for the mother nation. Being a part of Indian Army is the dream of millions as it bears a charm of bravery, honor, discipline and a systematic way of life. The Indian Army offers a life full of achievements and a special recognition, through a disciplined life. The Indian Army regularly announces for induction of personnel at various level through recruitment rallies and through special recruitment procedures. Being a government profile of job, the defense jobs through Indian Army is considered to be one of the most prestigious jobs of all times.