Indian Army has always a charm of being one of the most prestigious forces of the world, with high degree of commitment and dedication for the mother nation. Being a part of Indian Army is the dream of millions as it bears a charm of bravery, honor, discipline and a systematic way of life. The Indian Army offers a life full of achievements and a special recognition, through a disciplined life. The Indian Army regularly announces for induction of personnel at various level through recruitment rallies and through special recruitment procedures. Being a government profile of job, the defense jobs through Indian Army is considered to be one of the most prestigious jobs of all times.
With the recent announcement, the Indian Army is inviting candidature for direct recruitment through a Rally at Bhubaneswar in the state of Odisha. This rally will be conducted to select candidates from all districts of Odisha for the posts of Soldiers in General Duty/ Soldiers in Technical duty/ Soldiers as Nursing Assistant and Soldier Clerk/Store Keeper for the year 2013-14.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- 7th October 2013: for Soldier Technical/Soldier Technical (Aviation)/Soldier Technical (Ammunition Examiner)/ Soldier Nursing Assistant): Districts of Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Nayagarh, Balasore, Khurda, Jajpur, Puri and Bhadrak
- 7th October 2013: For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper from all districts
- 8th October 2013: for Soldier General Duty & Soldier General Duty (Schedule Tribe) from the districts of Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur and Nayagarh
- 9th October 2013: for Soldier General Duty & Soldier General Duty (Schedule Tribe) from the districts of Balasore , Khordha , Jajpur , Puri & Bhadrak
- 11th October 2013: for Soldier Technical/Soldier Technical (Aviation)/Soldier Technical (Ammunition Examiner)/ Soldier Nursing Assistant) for the Districts of Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Nayagarh, Balasore, Khurda, Jajpur, Puri and Bhadrak
- 11th October 2013: For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper from all districts
- 12th October 2013: For Soldier Tradesman from the districts of Balasore, Khurda, Jajpur, Puri and Bhadrak
- 13th October 2013: Screening for re-enrolment into DSC for Districts of Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Nayagarh, Balasore, Khurda, Jajpur, Puri and Bhadrak
- 13th October 2013: For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper from all districts
- 14th October 2013: Aptitude Test for Soldier Tradesmen from districts of Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Nayagarh, Balasore, Khurda, Jajpur, Puri and Bhadrak
- 15th October 2013: Completion of Medical Examination & Documentation
- 24th November 2013: Common Entrance Examination (CEE) at Cuttack for Initial Fit Candidates except Soldier (Clerk/Store Keeper) & Soldier (Nursing Assistant)
- 2nd February 2014: Common Entrance Examination at Cuttack for Remaining Candidates
- 5th March 2014: Computer Based Entrance Exam at Kolkata for Soldier (Nursing Assistant) for all including SOS, SOEX, SOW, SOWW and NCC candidates.
- Venue of Rally: Bhubaneswar
Details of the Posts & Vacancies:
Posts to be filled up:
a) Soldier in General Duty
b) Soldiers in General Duty (Scheduled Tribe)
c) Soldiers as Clerk/ Store Keeper Technical
d) Soldiers Technical as Nursing Assistant
e) Soldiers in Technical Duty
a) Soldier in General Duty: Minimum SSC pass with 45% marks and 33% in each subject. Candidates having 10+2 need not fulfill the criteria of percentage of marks
b) Soldier in General Duty (ST): Must have cleared 8th standard of School education
c) Soldiers Technical: 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects. Should have secured minimum pass marks in each subject even if any one of them is taken as an optional subject.
d) Soldiers Technical (Ammunition Examiner)/ Soldiers Technical (AVN): 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject OR, Must have 3 years Diploma certificate in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Comp. Science/ Automobile Engineering
e) Soldiers Technical (Nursing Assistant): 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject OR, must have passed BSc Degree with Zoology/Botany or Bio Science.
f) Soldiers as Clerk/ Store Keeper: 10+2 with minimum of 50% marks and at least 40% in each subject including English. For candidates having Graduation with Maths and English the percentage of marks will not be accounted for. However should have studied English and Math/Book keeping/ Accountancy in Class-X or Class-XII and should have secured 40% marks in each of these subjects.
Note: For NCC ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificate holders there will be additional award of marks to be included in final selection
- Soldiers in General Duty & General Duty (ST): A candidate must be aged between 171/2 to 21 years. (should not have born before 07-Oct-1992)
- Soldiers in Technical Duty (AVN) and Nursing Assistant: A candidate must be aged between 171/2 to 23 years (should not have born before 07-Oct-1990)
- The candidates not born after 07-Apr-1996 (for all trades)
- Height: 162 -169 cm
- Weight: 50 kg
- Chest: 77 Cm without expansion and 82 cm with expansion
- As per standard Norms (details at http://khordha.nic.in/army/phymeasure.html )
All candidates have to produce a Character Certificate issues by IIC of their concerned Police Station/ School HM/ Sarpanch/ MLA or Member of Zilla Parisad and the certificate should be issued within last 6 months.
The candidates need to be domicile of the Odisha state
- The applicants get selected as Soldiers will be receiving a monthly remuneration in the range of Rs.20300.00 per month (approximately) along with other facilities as extended by Indian Army after completion of training.
- A stipend of Rs.8460.00 per month will be paid during period of training
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done at Rally abiding the following procedure:
- Physical Standard Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Personal Interview
- Final Medical Examination
Documents required for Rally:
- Unattested Photographs (20 copies)
- Certificates of all education with original and two sets of photocopies
- Domicile Certificate, Sports certificate, NCC ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ certificate, Caste Certificate, Character Certificate
- Other certificates claiming relaxation or advantage of marks
Tenure of Enrollment:
The initial enrollment is for minimum period of 17 years extendable to 32 years or up to the age of 42 years extendable to 54 years, whichever is earlier.