Indian Army is one of the most advanced combat forces of the world and one of the three apex combat forces of India serving dedicatedly for the security of the motherland. Joining Indian Army is known as one of the most acclaimed career option for young and enthusiastic Indians who are dedicated to serve the motherland. The jobs with Indian Army is highly honoured and recognized as one of the most prestigious job options in India. Induction of 6th Pay Commission Recommendations has made Indian Army Jobs as one of the charming job options for youths who would like to go for a prestigious career with high salary and perks.
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates, who have an ambition for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for entry in Remount and Veterinary Corps (RVC).
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION in Remount and Veterinary Corps
- Date of Publication of Notification: 15-July-2013
- Closing date for Receipt of Application: 30-August-2013 by 5:00 PM
Norms of Eligibility:
The candidate must be within 21-32 years of age as on the last date of submission of application to be eligible for consideration
b) Educational Standards:
The candidates must have completed BVSc/BVSc & AH Degree from any of the recognized Indian University or its equivalent foreign Degree to be eligible to apply.
Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with internship at the time of submission of application
The applicants must have been registered with State Veterinary Council or Veterinary Council of India
c) Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/
Grant of Commission:
- The candidates will be granted Commission in the rank of Captain after completion of their training Period.
- BVSc/BVSc & AH degree graduates granted SSC in RVC will be considered for grant of permanent commission only if they are below 30 years of age on the date of grant of SSC and fulfil other conditions
- MVSc/MVSc & AH and Doctorate degree holder will be considered for grant of permanent commission only if they are below 32 & 34 years of age respectively on the date of grant of SSC and if they qualify in the Departmental PC Test within 08 years of service
Tenure of engagement:
- All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
- The period of five years may further be extended for another five years subject to their performance
- The candidates selected for Commission will be subjected to Post-Commission training at RVC Centre & College, Meerut Cantt.
- Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
Pay Packages and CTC:
- Officers, on commissioning in the rank of Captain are entitled to a basic pay of Rs.15600, Grade Pay of Rs.6100, Military Service Pay of Rs.6000, Non-Practice Allowance (NPA) @25% of basic pay, in addition to Kit Maintenance Allowance (KMA) and Dearness Allowance (DA) as admissible
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
The selection will be based on a two stage selection modality with the Service Selection Board:
Short listing of Candidature
Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
Medical Board Examination
Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
- The envelope containing application should be “Superscribed in Red Ink” indicating clearly “Application for Short Service Commission in RVC”
- Applications need to be sent by Ordinary Post only to the following address so as to reach by the last date (30-August-2013)
- Address to send completed application form:
Directorate General Remount Veterinary Services
(RV-1) QMG’s Branch, Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army)
West Block 3, Ground Floor, Wing No-4
RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066