Indian Air Force Recruitment 2016 for Male and Female Candidates in Meteorology Branch- With the recent initiative Indian Air Force invites enterprising and adventurous male and female personnel for recruitment into its Permanent Commissioned (only for male) and Short Service Commission (both male & female) in the Meteorology Branch.
Course Commencement Period: July 2017
Batch No. 201/17G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men candidate)
Batch No. 201/17G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for men candidate)
Batch No. 1201/17G/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for women candidate)
Branch of Commission: Meteorology Branch
Important Dates for applying for various courses:
Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications in prescribed format: 16-July-2016
Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications in prescribed format from candidates from far-flung areas: 23-July-2016
Training: The training for all the courses will commence from the First Week of July 2017. For the Ground Duty Officers in Meteorological Branch the training will be of 52 weeks duration. Training is a mandatory part of the courses and has to be successfully completed in order to receive the Commission. The training will be conducted exclusively at the Air Force Training Establishments.
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age Limit: The candidate must be within 20-26 years of age as on 1-July-2017
There will be additional relaxation of 2 years (max age 28 years) for candidates having PhD qualification after completing the following qualification.
b) Educational Standards: The candidate must have completed Post-Graduation in any Science discipline with minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate of all subjects.
i) The aspirants must have studies Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Application/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geo-Physics/ Environmental Biology.
ii) The applicants must have studied Physics and Mathematics at Graduation level and should have scored at least 55% of marks in aggregate.
iii) The candidates should not have any back-paper/ present backlog in their Graduation/ Post-Graduation level.
iv) The candidates should be able to produce their original/ provisional educational qualification by 15-June-2017.
c) Physical Standards: As per the service rules (please refer to Indian Air Force Website at www.careerairforce.nic.in
Type of Commission:
- Permanent Commission: The candidates selected for Permanent Commission will serve Indian Air Force till the age of Superannuation.
- Short Service Commission: The candidates selected for Short Service Commission will serve Indian Air Force till an initial period of 10 years. Additional 4 years of extension may be allowed to the Officers on SSC provided there are vacancies, requirements, merit, suitability and willingness of the candidates.
Selection Procedure: The candidates short-listed for next level of selection will be called to appear the Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) at any of the AFSBs at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi. The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility patterns:
- Initial Screening through Stage-I consisting of Intelligence Test and others
- Stage-II consisting of Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview
- Medical Examinations on the basis of recommendations of AFSBs
- Announcement of Merit List
- 10% of seats in the Meteorological Branches will be reserved for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders.
Pay Packages and Other benefits: As a service person of one of the most glorious profiles of jobs in India, selected candidates will be entitled to receive various advantages along with the pay package.
- Flying Officers: Pay band of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100/- (An approximate monthly salary would be around Rs.64926/- including the TA/DA and other benefits/allowances)
Benefits: In addition to the monthly salary, the selected Officers will be entitled to receive fully furnished accommodation, monthly ration, comprehensive medical coverage (for self and family members), 60 days of annual leave, 20 days of casual leave, leave travel concession, etc. An insurance of Rs.50 lakhs is available on a contributory basis.
How to apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of Indian Air Force at www.careerairforce.nic.in
- The candidates need to fill the forms with facts and precise information. The candidates need to put their signature and paste their photographs at appropriate spaces on the Application Form. The application form completed in all respect and attached with necessary credential certificates must be enclosed in a closed envelope and should be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR METEOROLOGY BRANCH COURSES COMMENCING IN JULY 2017” in Bold and capital letters.
- Two numbers of unattested photographs and one self-addressed envelope (23cmX10cm) with Rs.27 postage stamp affixed on it must also be enclosed with the application.
- The applications completed in all respect must reach the below mentioned address on or before the last date specified.
- Address to send the detailed application form BY ORDINARY POST ONLY:
Post Bag No: 001
Nirman Bhawan Post Office,
New Delhi – 110 006
Candidates are strongly suggested to refer to official advertisement here, Indian Air Force Commissioned Officers in Meteorology Branch Recruitment 2016 Notification
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>