IIT Bombay (IITB), the second in the chain of IITs, was set up in 1958. It was the first IIT to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds came from UNESCO in Roubles from the Soviet Union. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. Since then, IIT Bombay has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.
IIT Bombay is recognized worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research. It is reputed for the quality of its faculty and the outstanding caliber of students graduating from its undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Over the last fifty-three years, around 39,000 engineers and scientists have graduated from the institute. It is noted for its strong research groups in varied areas of science and technology that are making substantial contributions to national projects.
The Industrial Research and Consultancy Center (IRCC) is one of the most prominent wings of IITB has recently envisaged to engage competent Scientists in the positions of Research Associate/Senior Research Fellow (RA/SRF), Software Manager (SM), Sr. Animator (SANR), Project Attendant (ATD), Junior Software Engineer (JSE), Jr. Hardware Engineer (JHE), Project Manager (PM1), Executive Officer (EO), Project Research Assistant (PRA), Web Designer (WD), Software Engineer (SE), Sr. Project Assistant (SPA), System Administrator (SA), Project Assistant (PA1), Assistant Project Manager (APM), Junior Programmer (JP), Research Associate (RA), Research Associate/Junior Research Fellow (RA/JRF), Project Technical Assistant (PTA), Junior Research Fellow (JRF), Junior Technical Assistant (JTA).
The details of the criteria for consideration for this Walk-in are mentioned below:
- Date of publication of Notification: 01-Jan-2014
- Last date for submission of Application: 31-Jan-2014
Details of Vacancies:
Job code: P(101) – RA/SRF: 01 Post (in Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering) – The candidates must have PhD in Chemistry or Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering or Industrial Pollution Abatement OR M.Sc. in Chemistry or Environmental Science with 2 years research experience in related area OR M.E./ M. Tech. in Environmental Engineering or Industrial Pollution Abatement or other similar specialization with basic degree in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering. Research Experience in wastewater treatment is must – Remuneration: Rs.16000 per month.
Job code: P(102) – in Chemical Engineering
- SM: 01 Post – The candidates must have B.E/B.Tech/ or M.Sc/MCA/M.Tech/ or PG Diploma in IT/CS from reputed institutes, with 8-10 years of experience, out of which minimum 6 years should be in software development. Candidates having valid GATE score will be preferred – Remuneration: Rs.42000 per month
- PM1: 02 Posts – The candidates must have Any Post-Graduation with at least 6 years of relevant experience. Bachelors degree with minimum of 8 years relevant experience may also be considered. Should have good leadership and communication skills. Should possess project management skills such as timely delivery of deliverables, scheduling and tracking the project progress as per the plan – Remuneration: Rs.42000 per month
- SE: 04 Posts – The candidates must have B.E/B.Tech/ or M.Sc/MCA/M.Tech/ or PG Diploma in IT/CS from reputed institutes with a minimum of 3 year experience. Should have worked with large scale web-based software development teams. Should possess excellent analytical and logical skills and good verbal and written communications skills. – Remuneration: Rs.28000 per month
- APM: 06 Posts – The candidates must have Any Post-Graduation with at least 3 years of relevant experience. Bachelors degree with minimum of 5 years relevant experience may also be considered. Should have prior experience of at least 6 months leading a team of 3 people or more. The candidate must be outgoing and comfortable to interact with people in academics – Remuneration: Rs.28000 per month
- JSE: 25 Posts – The candidates must have B.E/B.Tech/ or M.Sc/MCA/M.Tech/ or PG Diploma in IT/CS from reputed institutes with a minimum of 6 month experience. – Remuneration: Rs.21000 per month
- PRA: 16 Posts – The candidates must have Any Post-Graduation or any engineering degree/equivalent and desirable to have a good knowledge of C, C++, Matlab/Scilab/Xcos, along with their scientific computing packages – Remuneration: Rs.21000 per month
- SA: 02 Posts – The candidates must have B.E/B.Tech/ or M.Sc/MCA/M.Tech/equivalent or PG Diploma in IT/CS from reputed institutes. BCA/BSc.IT or equivalent with minimum of 2 years relevant experience may also be considered. Proven track record of 2 years of system administration experience. Candidates having valid GATE score will be preferred – Remuneration: Rs.21000 per month
- SANR: 01 Post – The candidates must have Any Bachelors or Masters Degree, with relevant diploma or degree from reputed design institutes, with minimum 2 years of experience in graphics and animation – Remuneration: Rs.21000 per month
- EO: 06 Posts – The candidates must have B.E/B.Tech/Any Maste Degree – Remuneration: Rs.21000 per month
- SPA: 06 Posts – The candidates must have Graduate (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com or Equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years experience, or a post-graduate with 0-1 year experience. Experience in using web technologies is desirable – Remuneration: Rs.21000 per month
- JP: 02 Posts – The candidates must have Graduate Degree – Remuneration: Rs.14000 per month
- JHE: 01 Post – The candidates must have any degree or a (3 year diploma after 12th) or (3 year diploma after 10th with a minimum two years of experience) or equivalent. Certifications like MCSE, CCNA and/or Red Hat Certification would be an added advantage – Remuneration: Rs.14000 per month
- WD: 04 Posts – The candidates must have any Degree or a (5 year arts Diploma after 10th) or (3 year Diploma after 12th) or (3 year Diploma after 10th with a minimum two years of experience) or equivalent, with a minimum of 6 months relevant experience. Professional design certificate/diploma with computer graphics can be an added advantage – Remuneration: Rs.14000 per month
- PA1: 25 Posts – The candidates must have Graduate (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com or Equivalent) with a minimum of 6 months experience. As this position is related to content development and generation. Candidate should possess excellent subject knowledge in their respective domain with 6 months – 2 years experience in technical translation, excellent command over written English, adequate knowledge of word processing – Remuneration: Rs.14000 per month
- ATD: 03 Posts – The candidates must have SSC or HSC. The candidate must have minimum of one year of experience in assisting office staff and must have skills in Xeroxing, filing, moving papers and files, providing any other required service to the office etc. – Remuneration: Rs.9500 per month
Job code: P(103) – in Chemistry (Development of Chiral pi-Allylpalladium Catalysis)
RA: 01 Post – The candidates must have Ph.D. in Chemistry with specialization in Organic Synthesis – Remuneration: Rs.22000 per month
Job code: P(104) – in Chemistry (Tuning the MCE (DeltaS and DeltaT) properties of molecular coolants)
RA/JRF: 01 Post – The candidates must have M.Sc degree in Chemistry with minimum of 55% and should have NET/GATE qualification. The research associate is expected to have a Ph.D., degree in Inorganic chemistry, mainly coordination chemistry – Age Limit – Max 28 years – Remuneration: Rs.12000 – Rs.22000 per month
Job code: P(105) – in Civil Engineering (Numerical modeling of oil-spill dispersion for Maharashtra coast)
PTA: 01 Post – The candidates must have a first class Bachelor degree in Civil engineering with preferable knowledge of using finite-difference/element based numerical modeling of coastal hydrodynamics and GIS software applications.– Remuneration: Rs.16000 per month
Job code: P(106) – in Civil Engineering (Numerical modeling of oil-spill dispersion for Maharashtra coast)
PTA: 01 Post – The candidates must have a first class Bachelor degree in CS/ECE/IT/Civil engineering with strong programming skills in Matlab, C and Fortran, FE/FD mesh developments, GUI developments and good knowledge in image processing – Remuneration: Rs.16000 per month
Job code: P(107) – in Earth Science (Low Temperature Thermochronology Investigation)
JRF: 01 Post – The candidates must have M.Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Earth Science. At least one year experience in working on Mass-Spectrometer is desirable – Remuneration: Rs.16000 per month
Job code: P(108) – in Mechanical Engineering (DST/ Inspire Faculty research award)
JTA: 01 Post – The candidates must have B.E. in chemical engineering; Diploma in petrochemicals; 1 year experience in a chemical engineering industry; Experience in handling and operating analytical instruments, such as thermogravimetric analyzers, mass spectrometers, and FTIR spectrometers – Remuneration: Rs.14000 per month
- The selection of candidates will be done through an Interview, and verification of documents.
- The candidates need to appear interview before a selection panel at the desired date which will be intimated later.
How to apply:
- Candidate should apply online at www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/HRMSLoginPage.jsp
- If there is any problem applying online, send in the prescribed Application Form available at www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/PDF/Application_online.pdf
- Candidates can apply for multiple positions with separate Application Form for each position. The postal address to send the application is as given below.
- The applicants should ensure that they fill all relevant columns with factual information
- The applicants are advised to bring their original Certificates along with one set of attested copies of all the relevant Certificate and Two passport size photographs with themselves on the date of interview.
- Address to send completed application form:
Assistant Registrar (R & D Office)
IRCC Wing, SJMSOM Building
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Phone: 022-2576 4078
One must refer to official advertisement here www.ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/RecruitmentGenerateAdvertisement.jsp?advcirno=I-63/P(10)13-14
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>