ICWA stands forInstitute ofCost and Work Accountancy of India. Cost and Work Accountants deal with restructuring and/or planning of business policies of a firm by forecasting the opportunities, strengths, weaknesses and threats of the projects and plan to revitalize the basis of financial performance of previous and current situations.
ICWA is providing courses on Cost and Works Accountancy (CWA) to accomplish the needs of private, corporate, multinational companies, public and private banking divisions, financial sectors, public sectors and educational sector.
Eligibility criteria for appearing foundation course ICWA exam.
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years and
- He/she should have passed state/ central/ any recognized board of senior secondary level examination in 10 +2 pattern
Eligibility criteria for appearing the intermediate program
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 18 years
- He/she should be passed a degree examination in first class in any recognized university
Every year ICWA exams are conducted twice by the institute. Exemptions are provided to the candidates to write answers in Hindi as a provision.
Stages of modules in ICWA
- Foundation course of ICWAI
- Foundation course in Company secretary
- Final course for Company secretary
- Intermediate course of ICWAI
Candidates can send postal application form with bank draft of exam fee, attested copies of academic certificates and three passport size photographs. Attestation should be done by members of ICAI, ICWAI, state legislative assembly, principal of a college, etc. Uncompleted applications, applications without necessary enclosures will be rejected. The application form should reach regional council centers on or before specified last date.
How can you prepare for ICWA exam?
- The coaching is provided by Regional council centers to enhance student’s knowledge in work and cost accountancy.
- If you choose to go for private coaching institutes, they will provide coaching on specific subjects of ICWA program.
- Work out the previous year question papers to get familiar with question pattern.
- For foundation course you should have excellent knowledge in accountancy, commerce and business math.
- Continuous practicing of calculations will improve your numerical skill which will be help fu during exams.
Once clearing the final examination of ICWA a candidate can register for Integrated Professional Competency Course in Chartered Accountant program. After successful completion of the Integrated Professional Competency Course (IPCC) the candidate can take up responsibility as an Articled Clerk for practical training sessions and becomes eligible for the final course of Chartered Accountant.
The qualified candidates in ICWA course can work as range of professions like associate professors, managing directors, accountants, financial controllers, chief auditors, marketing managers and finance managers based on their broad knowledge on specific subject to handle various capacity levels.
Rising competition levels among the candidates in the field of CA, CS and ICWA there is a demand to exemplary commerce graduates, teachers, syllabus makers, and academicians specialized in the field of Cost and Work Accountancy to prepare well planned teaching materials, which will provide learning materials and facilities for the candidates in their respective courses. The ICWA program has been intend to identify the unique skill and proficiency of those want to set up vibrant career in Cost and Works Accountancy.