Civil Services Exam: Things To Bear In Mind While Doing Your Preparation
The Civil Services examination, the test to the most coveted profession in the Government sector today is taken by thousands of people across the country. The competition is as tough as it can get, but the prize is sure worth it. A graduate from any stream and from a certified institution is eligible to take this exam. The format of the paper keeps changing so that it remains a challenge for the takers. The exam has a relatively new pattern lately. The basic structure still consists of the three stages of prelims, mains and personal interview.
The newly introduced CSAT (The Civil Services Aptitude Test) consists of two question papers. Both are objective type papers of hundred marks each. Time duration for each paper is two hours each.
- The new paper is the General Aptitude Paper which has replaced the Optional Subject paper. Many people assume that the introduction of this requires the candidate have to have more mathematical skills but the truth is that it more of an aptitude test to judge the language, analytical and decision making skills of the candidate.
- Preparation of the prelims must constantly focus on developing a good attitude, the right frame of mind and clarity of concepts rather than just the cramming of facts and figures.
- Efficient time management and stress management techniques are very critical for this exam. On must practice the previous papers and sample papers to get an idea of the required speed and accuracy.
The next level is the Mains exam. The time duration between the declaration of the prelims result and the mains exam is not much therefore one must prepare for the mains along with preparing for the prelims.
- The choice of the right subjects has proved to be a decisive factor for success in the mains. It should be made keeping ones interests and strengths in mind as well as on the availability of the book and material covering the prescribed syllabus for the subject in the exam.
- One must have a good study plan and a revision plan. Making notes, summaries, study charts and diagrams help in long lasting retention and last minute retention
- Practising old papers and sample papers helps develop good writing skills, which are crucial for this exam.
The key to cracking the last stage of personal interview is preparing for it while one prepares for the prelim and mains.
- One must focus on culminating interests and activities that make the candidate aware of what is happening around him or her. The interview is to judge the attitude of the person towards the society and in general the pro activeness of the candidate.
- Learning to talk expressively and intelligently is a skill garnered by participation in debates and discussions with friends, colleagues and interesting people.
- Watching current affair discussions in on TV and internet and voicing an opinion through participation in forums also helps to pick up logical arrangement of thought and convincing skills.
The most important part of the preparation is to stay focussed and have a positive attitude about cracking the exam. Let the preparation be more of a self development process rather than a blind obsession to crack the exam. Have a great journey to becoming an administrator for the country.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>