Candidate appearing in the GATE exam is issued a GATE score along with an All India Rank (AIR) which is the basis for admissions to various institutes. The GATE score is calculated using a specific formula. The GATE 2014 Score of candidates is computed from below mentioned formula;
Computation: The GATE Score of a candidate is computed as
- S = GATE Score (normalised) of a candidate,
- M = Marks obtained by a candidte in a paper,
- Mq = Qualifying marks for general category candidates in the paper,
- Mt = Average Marks of top 0.1% or 10 (which ever is higher) of candidates in the paper,
- St = GATE Score assigned to Mt (around 900), and
- Sq = GATE Score assigned to Mq (around 300).
Mq is usually 25 marks (out of 100) or μ+σ, whichever is higher. Here μ is the mean of marks in a paper and σ is the standard deviation.
GATE score Validity: Two Years from the date of issue.
The GATE score is set to zero if the value calculated by the formula is less than zero and the GATE score is set to 1000 if the value calculated by the formula is more than 1000.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>