Precisely, the former Princely States had different systems of Administration and set of laws and in most of the Princely States, the administration was run on the whims of the Rulers or Wazirs and their words were considered to be the law. The Himachal Pradesh was born as a result of integration of 26 Shimla and four Punjab hill States into a Centrally Administered Area.
The State of Himachal Pradesh attained the Statehood in the year 1971, and established its own High Court with Headquarters at “Revenswood” Shimla, having one Hon’ble Chief Justice and two Hon’ble Judges. Though small, this High Court has a pride of place in this behalf. Now the strength of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh is Eleven including the Chief Justice.
With the recent notification, the Himachal Pradesh High Court is inviting competent candidates for recruitment as Petition Writers under the High Court of Himachal Pradesh Petition Writers (Grant of Licence & Control) Rules, 1989 in Kullu and Lahaul-Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh.
The eligibility criteria and mode of application are as follows:
- Date of Publication of Notification: 03-June-2014
- Last Date For Submission of Completed Application: 31-July-2014
- The date of determining the educational eligibility & age: on the date of Advertisement (03-June-2014)
Details of Vacancies:
- Petition Writer: 20 Posts
District and Posting-wise Vacancies:
- Kullu (District Headquarters): 04 Posts
- Manali (Sub-Divisional/ Tehsil Headquarters): 04 Posts
- Banjar (Sub-Divisional/ Tehsil Headquarters): 02 Posts
- Bhunter (Tehsil Headquarters): 04 Posts
- Keylong (District Headquarters): 04 Posts
- Udaipur (Sub-Divisional/ Tehsil Headquarters): 02 Posts
- The candidates selected for the posts will be eligible to receive remuneration as per the rules of High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
Education & Academics:
- The candidates interested to apply for the posts of Petition Writer should have completed Matriculation or Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- All candidates must belong to the concerned district of Himachal Pradesh for which the posts are advertised.
- A candidate should have attained 21 years as on 03-June-2014 to be eligible to apply.
- However upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST candidates of Himachal Pradesh as per the norms of the state.
Reasons of Disqualification:
- The candidates who are engaged in Government Service/ Quasi-Government Service or engaged in remunerative professions are not eligible to apply
- The candidates who are in the service of Legal Practitioner as a Licenced Clerk or any person so licenced within 6 months of quitting the service of a Legal Practitioner are not eligible to apply for these posts
- The candidates who have been charged with criminal offense or has been declared tout are not eligible to apply
- The candidates who have been removed from service on account of professional misconduct are also not eligible to apply
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the number of applicants the High Court may call for a test of candidates in Drafting of Plaints/ Written Statements/ Applications etc. with respect to various acts of the CPC.
- The candidates may also be tested against drafting of Complaints, Bail Applications and Criminal Matters as well as Affidavits.
- The Final selection of a candidate will be made solely on the basis of his/her performance on merit basis.
How To Apply:
- Candidates must apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of Himachal Pradesh High Court at http://hphighcourt.nic.in/districtcourts/kullu/AdvNotice03062014.pdf or at http://hphighcourt.nic.in/districtcourts/kullu/welcome.htm
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement available at the above web links prior to applying through the prescribed form.
- After completing the application form with factual details, the applicants are advised to submit the same by Post to the address mentioned below and keep a copy of the application for future reference.
- The original application along with requisite attested documents/ certificates in support of their education, age and eligibility along with 2 nos of recent passport size photographs must be sent to the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date notified (31-July-2014):
- Address to send the completed Application Form:
The Officer of the District & Sessions Judge
Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
- The envelope containing Application form, Demand Draft and Certificate copies must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ____________) before dispatching it.