The Forest Department under the Govt. of Himachal Pradesh is responsible for the management of forests and wildlife in the state of Himachal Pradesh. There is a lot of flora and fauna spread over many section of the state and the Department of Forests acts as an active care taker of the nature with its power and functions. The various activities undertaken by the department include Forest Protection, Forest Development Works, Wildlife Management, Soil and Moisture Conservation Works, Forest Planning, Harvesting, Ecotourism activities, Research, Extension and Training.
The Forest Department of Government of Himachal Pradesh has recently released a notification for recruitment of 205 numbers of forest guards on Contractual recruitment norms under its jurisdiction. The details of the vacancies are detailed as under:
Details of Vacancies:
Total number of positions: 205
Out of which the reservation status is as follows:
- General-66, Gen (Ex-SM)-15, Gen (IRDP)-16, Gen (Home Guard)-12, Gen (wards of Freedom fighters) -01, Gen (Sports Quota)-05
- SC-26, SC (Ex-SM)-08, SC (IRDP)-06, SC (Home Guard)-02, SC (wards of Freedom fighters) -02
- OBC-19, OBC (Ex-SM)-06, OBC (IRDP)-06, OBC (Home Guard)-03, OBC (wards of Freedom fighters) -01
- ST-07, ST (Ex-SM)-02, ST (IRDP)-01, ST (Home Guard)-01
- Starting Date of Receipt of Application: 20-March-2013
- Last Date of submission of Application: 16-April-2013 till 5 PM
- Last Date of submission of Application for Candidates residing in Tribal Areas i.e. Kinnaur, Lahaul Spiti, Bharmour & Pangi Sub Divisions of Chamba, Dodra Kawar of Shimla District: 23-April-2013 till 5 PM
- The selected candidates will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 plus grade pay of Rs.1800
- The aspirant must not be under 18 years and over 27 years as on 01-Jan-2013. However the upper age is relaxable for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-SM as per rules.
- The aspirants must have completed matriculation from a recognized institution for being eligible for the position
Employment Exchange Registration:
- The aspirants must have registered his name in the Employment Exchange of Himachal Pradesh
- For Male Candidates: Height – 165 Cm, Chest-79-84 Cm, Race-100mtrs in 14 Sec. and 800 mtrs in 2 min 45 secs, High Jumping – 1.25mtrs, Long Jumping – 4 mtrs
- For Female Candidates: Height – 150 Cm, Chest-74-79 Cm, Race-100mtrs in 17 Sec. and 400 mtrs in 2 min 15 secs, High Jumping – 70cm, Long Jumping – 2 mtrs
The candidates who are finally selected will have to serve the Forest Department for a probation period of 2 years from the date of their joining. They will be provided with remuneration as declared above during the probation period.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a PET (Physical Efficiency Test) followed by a Written Examination followed by a round of Personal Interview, subsequently with verification of documents
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Forest Department of Himachal Pradesh at http://himachal.nic.in/vacancy/RecruitmentForestGuard2013.pdf
- The aspirants are advised to fill in all details as indicated by the Application Form in his/ her own handwriting
- Duly filled in proforma be sent to concerned Conservator of Forests in H.P
- After scrutinizing the application form, all candidate will be informed through 2 local News papers for Physical Efficiency Test
- The candidate should bring 4 pass port size photographs for PET
- A self addressed blank envelop bearing a postage stamp of Rs. 5/- be attached with the form for intimation of the date of Physical Test
- the envelope containing application form must be super-scribed as “Application Form For Forest Guards Recruitment” and should be send on the following address :-
Conservator of Forests,
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here Himachal Pradesh Forest Department Recruitment Jobs 2013 For Forest Guards.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>