Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2014 for Lectureship in Universities and Colleges of the State
The Government of India as per its revamped Education Policy has emphasized on maintaining uniform standards of teaching in the entire country. In this line the appointment of Lecturers/Assistant Professors has been standardized through a National/ State level Eligibility Test. UGC, New Delhi has been conducting the UGC-NET Examination for this purpose. As the State Governments were given an option to conduct their own State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), the Gujarat government in collaboration with UGC has identified the M. S. University of Baroda as the Nodal Agency to conduct SLET for eligibility for Lectureship in colleges in Gujarat. Candidates who qualify the Gujarat SET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers of the various Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided / Private) in the state of Gujarat.
The M. S. University of Baroda has recently released a notification conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET) in Gujarat for determining the Eligibility for Lectureship in universities and colleges of Gujarat State. This will be the 10th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET), which will be held on 12-Oct-2014 (SUNDAY).
The details of the criteria for the Application for Gujarat SET-2014 are as follows:
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 20-May-2014
- Last date for Generation of Computerized bank Challan: 02-July-2014 (till 08:00 AM in the morning)
- Last date for Fee Collection: 02-July-2014
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 05-July-2014 (till evening 06:00 PM)
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of the documents at the SET office in Vadodara: 10-July-2014
- Date of availability of Admit Cards online: 03-October-2014
- Date of examination: Sunday, 12-October-2014
Subjects of the SET:
This SET will be organized only for 23 subject specialties that are:
- Subject Code-01: Mathematical Science
- Subject Code-02: Physical Science
- Subject Code-03: Chemical Science
- Subject Code-04: Life Science
- Subject Code-05: Hindi
- Subject Code-06: Gujarati
- Subject Code-07: Sanskrit
- Subject Code-08: History
- Subject Code-09: Sociology
- Subject Code-10: Economics
- Subject Code-11: Political Science
- Subject Code-12: English
- Subject Code-13: Education
- Subject Code-14: Psychology
- Subject Code-15: Library and Information Sciences
- Subject Code-16: Law
- Subject Code-17: Commerce
- Subject Code-19: Computer Science and Applications
- Subject Code-21: Physical Education
- Subject Code-23: Home Science
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Masters Degree in concerned subject specialty without rounding off.
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of Masters Degree in the concerned subjects are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD)
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19th September 1991 and they have attained minimum 50% marks in their Master’s Degree level. (5% grace in the minimum percentage of marks)
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master’s Degree cannot appear for this test.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
- No upper age limit
Validity of SET:
- For lectureship eligibility, the SET certificate is valid for that particular State only and forever. There is no maximum validity period.
- for General/ OBC (Non-Creamy layer) Category: Rs. 800
- for SC/ST from Gujarat and all PWD Category: Rs.700
- Bank fee for all candidates: Rs.25
- The candidate is expected to Generate Computerized Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy) as given in the Notification.
- All the three copies of the Challan Form have to be submitted in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the Gujarat State and selected cities (Mumbai and Delhi) outside State of Gujarat, along with the necessary Examination fee and the Bank fee of Rs.25.
- Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in Corporation Bank only after 24 hours of downloading the challan from GSET Website and Register online immediately after payment of the fee.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted for these positions.
How to Apply:
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the Gujarat SET at www.gujaratset.ac.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above website at http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/notif14.html for reconfirmation of eligibility
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload their scanned photo and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form
- The fee payment details and educational credentials along with other vital essentials need to be filled with accuracy and authenticity.
- Incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected
- Photographs and signatures should be uploaded on the website of Gujarat SET during filling of application form.
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application keep that with him for future reference
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all papers. The candidate who does not appear in any paper will not be permitted to appear in the next paper.
- Application form and hardcopies received after due dates will not be entertained for consideration.
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.
- In case a Candidate qualifies for the Gujarat SET Examination, It is mandatory for him / her to bring Photo (Xerox) Copies of Application Form and Examination Hall Ticket along with Eligibility and Category related documents at the time of verification.
- It is compulsory to Register online for GSET Examination immediately after downloading the computerized bank chalan payment of the fee in the bank.
- For any other guidance/ information/clarification regarding this test please contact with SET office on the number (0265- 2786337).