High Court of Gujarat, Ahmadabad invites applications from interested and eligible candidates for the posts of District Judge, in view of the guidelines of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of Malik Mazhar Sultan & Anr. V/s. U.P.Public Service Commission & Ors. and ‘The Gujarat State Judicial Service Rules, 2005′. The details of the criteria for eligibility and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under: Advertisement NO. RC/1250/2014
Most Important Dates:
- Starting date for submission of On-line application: 01-October-2014 from 1200 noon
- Last date for Online Submission of Application: 31-October-2014 till midnight
- Payment of Examination Fee: 01-October-2014 to 31-October-2014
- Date for Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test): January/ February, 2015
- Date for downloading Admit card for Preliminary Exam: from
- Date for Main Examination: February/ March, 2015
- Date for Viva-Voice test: Tentatively during April, 2015
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies:
- District Judge: Total 55 Positions (24 Regular and 31 on ad-hoc basis)
Applicants must have attained the minimum age of 35 years and should not have exceeded 48 years of maximum age for SC/ ST/ Socially & Educationally Backward Classes/ Orthopedically Disabled Persons/ Ex-servicemen; and maximum 45 years in the case of all others as on 31-October-2014.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
The candidate must possess a Degree in Law. An applicant must be a practicing advocate and must have practiced as an advocate for a minimum period of 7 years as on 31-October-2014.
Basic knowledge of Computer Operation/ Application is a must.
Selected candidates for the posts of District Judge will be eligible to get the pay scale of Rs. 51,650-1240-59,090-1390-63,260 along with other allowances and perks as defined by the Gujarat State Judicial Service.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Preliminary Examination of 200 marks, Main Written Examination of 200 marks, followed by Personal Interview of 50 marks.
Preliminary Examination is for elimination of candidates, so, Final Merit List of the candidates shall be made on the basis of aggregate Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Written Examination and Personal Interview.
- For General category Candidates: Rs.1000/- + Bank Charges
- For SC/ ST/ Educationally Backward Classes, Orthopaedically Disabled Persons, and Ex-Servicemen categories Candidates: Rs.500/- + Bank Charges
- Candidates can make the payment in form of Cash Voucher in the prescribed format at any of the Core Banking Service branches of the State Bank of India in the Current Bank Account No.30725811785, held in the name of Registrar, High Court of Gujarat.
Here on How to Apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above can apply through ONLINE mode only at the websites of Gujarat High Court at http://hc-ojas.guj.nic.in/ or at http://www.gujarathighcourt.nic.in/
Candidates are strongly suggested to take print out of completed online application form for future references.
For more detail on this recruitment such as relaxation in age limit, scheme of examination and syllabus, detail on how to apply online effectively, cash voucher, and other important guidelines please refer to official recruitment exam notification from High Court of Gujarat, Ahmadabad here http://hc-ojas.guj.nic.in/AdvtDetailFiles/HCG_DJ_25.pdf
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>