Advertisement No. RC/B/1304/2012 – As the safe-guarder of law and order in the state the Gujarat High Court is the apex level of State Judiciary operating from the state capital Ahmadabad. This Court offers highly advantageous career options to various levels of qualified professionals from law and other disciplines.
The High Court of Gujarat presently invites applications for the positions of Librarian and Assistant Librarian through a direct recruitment mode. The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria for application are detailed below:
Name of the Posts and Number of Vacancies:
- Librarian (Class-I): 01 post (UR)
- Assistant Librarian (Class-II): 01 post (UR)
Most Important Dates to reckon for:
- Date of Advertisement: 25-March-2013
- Stating date of receipt of Online Application: 01-April-2013 from 1200 Noon onwards
- Closing date of receipt of Online Application: 15-April-2013 till midnight 2400 hours
- Date for availability of Admit card: 29-April-2013 to 04-May-2013
- Date for Main Written Examination: 5-May-2013
- Tentative schedule for Viva-voice/ Interview: During June 2013
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- Librarian (Class-I): Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with a grade pay of Rs.5400
- Assistant Librarian (Class-II): Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a grade pay of Rs.4200
- The candidates interested for applying to the job positions should not exceed a max age of 35 years as on 25-March-2013.
- However, relaxation in upper age is applicable as per norms for employees working in the Subordinate Courts or other High Courts
The applicants must have completed their M.Lib. / Master in Library and Information Science by 25-March-2013
- Librarian (Class-I): Minimum 2 years of experience in Central/ State govt. or PSU or other reputed organization
- Assistant Librarian (Class-II): Minimum 1 year of experience in Central/ State govt. or PSU or other reputed organization
- The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.500 only with usual bank charges
- The fees exemption of relaxation will not be applicable for these posts as they are declared as solitary posts
- The fees can be remitted in the prescribed cash deposit challan as available with this advertisement at the website of the High Court of Gujarat from 01-April till 15-April-2013
- The fees to be remitted in favor of The Registrar General, High Court of Gujarat, Sola, Ahmedabad through any branch of State Bank of India and should be payable in the Current Bank Account No. 30725811785 with the State Bank of India, High Court Complex Branch, Ahmedabad.
Mode of Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of the result of the Main Examination and the Interview/ Viva-voice test on a merit basis.
How to apply:
- An applicant interested for applying for the positions can apply online only through the website of the Gujarat High Court at www.gujarathighcourt.nic.in or at http://hc-ojas.guj.nic.in
- The Candidates should preserve their Application Number and Confirmation No. after submitting Online Application, for future correspondence