Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) was promoted by erstwhile Gujarat Electricity Board (GEB) as its wholly owned subsidiary in the context of liberalization and as a part of efforts towards restructuring of the Power Sector. GSECL has been conferred a status of Independent Power Producer (IPP) with approval to undertake new power projects by the Govt. of Gujarat. The Company commenced its commercial operation in the year 1998.
To achieve its vision to be a reputed global Power Generation Company, GSECL is looking for 50 (Fifty) committed, promising and competent young Graduate Engineers with brilliant academic career to join the organization as Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Metallurgy, and Environmental Engineering. Only candidates who are applying for GATE-2015 and successfully completing the examination are eligible to apply for these posts.
The details of the vacancies and the requisite criteria for selection are detailed as below:
- Opening Date of Online Registration at GATE: As Scheduled
- GATE-2015 Examination: In between 31-Jan to 14-Feb-2015
- Declaration of results of GATE-2015: 12-Mar-2015
- Opening Date of Online Registration at GSECL: 15-Mar-2015
- Closing date for Online Registration at GSECL: 30-Mar-2015
- Last Date for receipt of Hardcopy of the Application at GSECL: 15-Apr-2015
Posts to be Filled Up:
Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) ONLY through GATE-2015 scores
Details of Positions:
- Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) Electrical: 40 Positions (Corresponding GATE-2015 paper EE)
- Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) Mechanical: 50 Positions (Corresponding GATE-2015 paper ME)
- Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) C & I: 05 Positions (Corresponding GATE-2015 paper IN)
- Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) Metallurgy: 02 Positions (Corresponding GATE-2015 paper MT)
- Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) Environment: 03 Positions (For Corresponding GATE-2015 paper please refer the prospectus of GATE-2015)
Mode of Application: Online only
Where can you fill the Online Application:
Website of GSECL at http://www.gsecl.in
Vital Eligibility Condition (GATE-2015):
- The candidates eligible otherwise will have to appear for the concerned GATE-2015 papers and get qualified successfully.
- The GATE-2015 score will be the only valid criteria for short-listing of candidates for personal Interview and GD rounds.
- The candidates must have completed Full Time Bachelors Degree in concerned branch of Engineering/ Technology (in the above mentioned disciplines) with minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA. This is 55% for SC/ST/PWD and other reserved category of candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by the time of interview.
- The candidates must be well-familiar with Gujarati as an essential criterion.
- Departmental candidates meeting with above requirements of BE or AMIE are eligible subject to acquiring required score in GATE 2015 exam.
Pay Scale & Training Period:
- The candidates selected for these posts will be placed as a Trainee for a Period of 2 years.
- During Training they will be eligible for a consolidated pay of Rs.18000 per month for the 1st year and Rs.20000 per month for the 2nd year of training. No other allowances will be applicable during this period.
- and After successful completion of Training Period these candidates will be absorbed in the Salary Scale of Rs.17300 – Rs.38610, subject to fulfilling the required performance related/ other criterion. (Approximate monthly remuneration will be around Rs.34800 after 2 years of training)
Max Age Limit:
- A candidate should not exceed max age of 30 Years to be eligible to apply.
- However, relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories.
- GSECL will be utilizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering- 2015 scores (GATE-2015 scores) for recruitment of Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) in the above disciplines.
- Only GATE-2015 score is valid for this recruitment process.
- Based on the GATE-2015 score and organizational requirement, candidates will be short listed for the personal interview.
Application Processing Fees:
- There is no separate fee for applying for the post of Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) in the above disciplines for GSECL.
How to Apply:
- Interested eligible candidates should apply ONLINE only through the website of GSECL at http://www.gsecl.in .
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed instructions as available at http://www.gsecl.in/GATE-2015.pdf , before applying online.
- Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
- The candidates should have their GATE-2015 registration information in hand before applying for these posts (More details at http://www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2015 )
- The application Form should be completed in all respect.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE-2015 Admit card and Original GATE-2015 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in GSECL
Candidates are advised to visit the career section of GSECL website http://www.gsecl.in regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will be sent through post.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>