Goa Shipyard Limited Recruitment 2014 For Induction Of Management Trainees in Mechanical, Electrical/ Electronics, HR and Finance
Established in 1957, Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) is a leading ISO 9001-2008 certified shipyard on the West Coast of India, functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India. Beginning as a small barge building yard, GSL has garnered reputation as one of the most sophisticated ship builders in the Country. For over four decades, GSL has designed, built and commissioned a wide range of sophisticated vessels for varied applications in the defense and commercial sectors with special expertise in building modern patrol vessels of Steel and Aluminum hull structure. The GSL is engaged in designing and building special purpose modern and technically advanced ships for the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard.
With the present initiative from Goa Shipyard Limited, a notice has been served for induction of 08 numbers of Management Trainee from Mechanical, Electronics/ Electrical, HR and Finance streams.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility to participate in this recruitment process are detailed as under:
Name of the Position: Management Trainee (Grade-E1)
Number of vacancies:
Total 08 Posts (SC-02, OBC-02 & UR-04)
- Management Trainee – Mechanical Engineering: 03 Posts (UR-1, SC-1, OBC-1)
- Management Trainee – Electrical/Electronics Engg: 03 Posts (UR-1, SC-1, OBC-1)
- Management Trainee – HR: 01 Posts (UR)
- Management Trainee – Finance: 01 Posts (UR)
- Starting date for online registration of Application: 25-Nov-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application: 20-Dec-2013 till 1700 hours
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of the Online Application: 26-Dec-2013 till 1700 hours
- Management Trainee – Mechanical: The candidates must have completed Full-Time Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Management Trainee – Electrical/ Electronics: The candidates must have completed Full-Time Degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Management Trainee – HR: The candidates must have completed First Class Degree in any discipline with 2 years full time regular MBA/ MSW/ PG Degree/ Diploma with specialization in HRM/ IR/ Personnel Management/ Labor and Social Welfare/ Labor Studies/ Social Work.
- Management Trainee – Finance: The candidates must have completed Degree in any discipline with membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants in India or Institute of Cost Accountants in India. The candidates having completed fulltime MBA/ PGDM in Finance are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates continuing Final year are also eligible to apply for the post. However, their final selection will be subject to clearing the qualifying requirement as above with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent as stated above.
- The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 28 years as on 31-Nov-2013.
- However, age relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC & PWD shall be as per the Government Guidelines.
- The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.16400 – Rs.40500 in the E-I Grade in IDA pattern (with 3% annual appreciation). The minimum CTC will be around Rs.7.54 Lakhs per annum.
- In addition, they will be entitled to draw Other Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and others as admissible in the same Grade.
Period of Training:
- The selected candidate will undergo “On the Job training” for a period of one year which may be extended if necessary. They will be placed in a scale of Rs. 16400-3%-40500 or its equivalent as revised from time to time for one year.
- On satisfactory completion of the training and on absorption in the Assistant Manager grade (subject to availability of vacancies) they will be given one increment in the scale.
- The selected candidates will be required to pay to the Company a Security Deposit of 20% their Basic pay and DA (as applicable at the time of joining) for two years which will be deducted from the monthly pay and will be refunded on completion of 03 years of service (including the training period) with normal bank interest.
- This deposit will be forfeited if the trainee leaves the company before completion of three years.
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates will have to appear a Written Examination, Group Discussion and Personal Interview as per the discretion of GSL.
- All Short Listed candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
- The candidates may have to face a Pre-Recruitment Medical Test prior to final joining.
- The candidates have to qualify through each stage of selection to be selected finally.
Application Registration Fee:
- For SC/ST/PWD: There will be no application processing fee
- For all others: Rs.200
- The fee can be paid in shape of a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Goa Shipyard Limited” and should be payable at Vasco da Gama, Goa
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply through online mode at the website of Goa Shipyard Limited at http://www.goashipyard.co.in/
- After applying online, candidate is required to take print out of the Application Form generated by the system with Unique Registration Number, and other details.
- Candidates need to send the hardcopy of the application along with the DD and the photo-stat copies of credential documents to the below mentioned address so as to reach by the date notified above.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only
- Candidates should keep a copy of the Online Application and Demand Draft for future reference.
- Address to send the hard copy of the application:
The Chief General Manager (HR&A)
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Bhawan,
Goa Shipyard Limited
Vasco-da-Gama, Goa – 403802