Goa Police Force is one of the most organized security forces of the state and is being operated under the state banner. As one of the most responsible forces, the Goa Police is responsible for various counter-insurgency operations, combating acts of terrorism, safe keeping of human lives, and operating as a special task force for other law and order situations as well as peace-keeping initiatives in the state. This is the most important force of the state operating under the Home Department and ensuring stability in the state as far as crime and trafficking is concerned.
With the recent announcement, from Goa Police it is inviting candidates for induction as Constables in the state Police. Both male & female candidates are eligible to apply for these posts.
The details of the recruitment procedure and essential eligibility are as follows:
- Last Date for receipt of Application in prescribed format: 31-Jan-2014
- Date for determining the eligibility conditions: 31-Jan-2014
Name of the Posts & Number of Vacancies:
- Constable: Total 554 Posts (UR-294, SC-15, ST-74, OBC-88, Children of Freedom Fighter-08, Ex-SM-07, Home Guard: 40 & Sportsperson-28)
- Applicants, who are domiciles any state of India are eligible to participate in the selection procedure. But the reservation will be granted to the candidates from Goa only.
- The candidates must have passed Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent from a Board or university recognized by the Central or State Government.
- Knowledge of Konkani is mandatory and knowledge of Marathi is desirable for these posts.
- A candidate must be aged between 18 to 22 years as on 31-Jan-2014 to be eligible for this consideration.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC & Ex-servicemen in accordance with the Punjab Police rules.
- Height: 168 cm (160 cm for female)
- Weight: Proportionate to height
- Chest: 80 cm without expansion and 85 cm with expansion for male candidates
- NOTE: Relaxation will be provided for the appropriate category of candidates and women as per rules of Goa Police.
- The applicants gets selected as Constables will be receiving a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with a grade Pay of Rs.1900 in PB-I along with other allowances and perks.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done abiding the following procedure:
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination of 85 marks
- Personal Interview/ Viva-Voice of 15 marks
- Final Medical Examination
How to Get the Application Form:
- The prescribed Application Forms are available at Goa Police Welfare Cell, GRP Administrative Block, GRP Camp, Altinho, Panaji, which can be collected between 09.30 hrs. to 17.30 hrs. on all working days on payment of Rs.20 per Form.
How to Apply:
- The applicants should apply through the prescribed format of Application.
- The candidates should ensure that they apply with complete details with proper facts and information
- The candidates should make sure to put their running signature and paste recent photograph at the appropriate space on the Application Form
- Any form of canvassing will be subject to disqualification.
- The application form completed in all respect must reach the address mentioned below on or before the last date specified (31-Jan-2014) by Post/ by Hand:
- Candidates are suggested not at attach any certificates/ documents at this stage.
- Address to send completed application form:
Office of the Superintendent of Police
Police Head Quarters
One must refer to official advertisement here Goa Police Department Panaji Recruitment 2014 for Police Constables Posts to get detail information on eligibility criteria/ essential requirements/ desirable reference to Male, Female, Ex-serviceman, sportsperson candidates, and other general notes.