(Corrigendum to Employment Notification No: GESCOM/GM(A&HRD)/AO(P)/ALM-235/2011-12/36881 dated:09/12/2011)
With a major reform of the power sector in Karnataka, the Karnataka Electricity Board (KEB) was dissolved and in its place, the Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) was incorporated. This was followed by the constitution of Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) in November 1999.
In the next phase of the reform process, the transmission and distribution business managed by KPTCL was unbundled in June 2002. Four new distribution companies were formed to distribute power in Karnataka. Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company Limited (GESCOM) is one of those 4 new companies, which has taken over the responsibility from KPTCL for the distribution of electricity in 6 districts and commenced its operations from June 2002. The company has successfully entered into 15th year of operation at present.
With its recent initiative the GESCOM is releasing a new Corrigendum to its earlier advertisement in the year 2011 (Advt. No: GESCOM/GM(A&HRD)/AO(P)/ALM-235/2011-12/36881). With this corrigendum, the posts for Assistant Lineman will be filled up with recalculated vacancies and new norms. Both Male and Female candidates can now apply for these posts. Those male candidates, who have already applied against these positions need not apply again and their previous applications will be considered as per the previous advertisement.
The details of the corrigendum notification are as follows:
- Date of publication of this Advertisement: 16-June-2014
- Starting date of ONLINE registration: 16-June-2014
- Last date for ONLINE registration: 17-July-2014
- Dates for payment of Application Fees: from 16-Jun-2014 till 17-July-2014 within banking hours
Details of Vacancies:
- Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic: 147 Posts (Gen-88, Rural-38, Ex-Military-11, Kannada Medium-05 & Project Displaced candidates-05 Out of which SC-22, ST-05, GM-73, Cat-I-06, Cat-II-A-22, Cat-II-B-06, Cat-III-A-06, Cat-III-B-07)
- Lineman/ Electrician Trade: 88 Posts (Gen-46, Rural-25, Ex-Military-09, Kannada Medium-05 & Project Displaced candidates-03 Out of which SC-14, ST-02, GM-44, Cat-I-04, Cat-II-A-13, Cat-II-B-04, Cat-III-A-03, Cat-III-B-04)
- The reservation of posts meant for SC/ ST/ OBC (non creamy layer only)/ PD candidates shall be applicable only for the candidates having domicile of Karnataka only from the respective areas.
- Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic: The applicants must have completed a Certificate Course of 18/24 months course in “Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic” trade from an Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) recognized by the Government of Karnataka. Only Female Candidates can freshly apply for these posts.
- Lineman/ Electrician Trade: The candidate must has passed 10th STD and Three years pass certificate of “Lineman trade/ Electrician trade” (ITC) imparted from the Industrial Training Institute of KEB/KPTCL. Both Male and Female Candidates can freshly apply for these posts.
- Candidates possessing qualification in other disciplines/ branches other than what is specified above need not apply.
- Candidates should have knowledge of Kannada in reading and writing.
- The candidates should have normal eye sight and should have satisfactory physical fitness and need to qualify in the Physical Endurance Test.
- The applicant must have attained minimum 18 Years and should not have exceeded 35 Years as on the last date for receipt of application 16-July-2014.
- However, relaxation will be applicable for domiciles of Karnataka who belong to SC/ST/OBC category and other specific sub-categories as per rules.
- The candidates have to undergo a Written Test followed by Physical Endurance Test and Personal Interview to qualify on a merit selection ranking for final induction.
- For General and Category-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates: Rs.400
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs.200
- The fee can be remitted through ONLINE Bank Transfer/ NEFT Or, through the system generated fee payment challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
How to Apply:
- The interested applicants can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of GESCOM at http://www.gescom.in/ .
- The applicants are advised to read the detailed notification as available at http://www.gescom.in/corrigendum.pdf , before applying online.
- The application should be completed in all respect with signature and photograph (to be uploaded) at the appropriate spaces
- The applications need to be filled up with facts and documentary evidence as no permission will be granted for modification of the application once submitted
- The candidates need to upload their certificates and documents as per the requirements specified at the website
- The decision of GESCOM will be final and binding on the candidates.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>