(Only for Jammu & Kashmir Permanent Residents)
The Jammu & Kashmir General Administration Department has recently notified to fill 148 position of Class-IV posts in the state cadre under the J&K Secretariat (Subordinate) Service. With this effect, the applications are invited in prescribed OMR forms, from permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State only for recruitment through a competitive examination.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
- Date of availability of OMR/ICR Application Form: From 04-July-2014 till 25-July-2014
- Date for submission of completed application form: From 05-July-2014 till 31-July-2014
- Date for determining Age: 01-Jan-2014
- Date for determining qualification: 31-July-2014 (Last date for submission of Application)
Details of Vacancies:
- Item No: 01 – Class-IV Under GA Department: 148 Positions (OM-84, SC-12, ST-15, ALC-05, RBA-30, OSC-02)
- There will be horizontal reservation for physically challenged persons to the extent of 3% of the total vacancies.
- There will be Horizontal reservation for Ex-Servicemen to the extent of 6% of the total vacancies.
- The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale as per the state government norms J&K Secretariat (Subordinate) Service.
- This will also be added up with allowances and perks as per rules.
- The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed at least Matriculation Standard and should not exceed 10+2 qualification to become eligible for applying for these posts.
- There will be no weightage for qualifications above 10+2 standard. However, such candidates can apply for these posts.
- He/ She must be a permanent resident of J&K State
Age specific norms:
- The applicant must be in between 18 years to 40 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates (SC, ST, RBA, ALC & OSC) will be applicable as per rules.
Application Form Costs:
- For Open Merit/ General candidates: Rs.40 + bank charges
- For SC, ST, RBA, ALC, PWD, etc. of the state: Rs.20 + bank charges
- For BPL category: The forms will be issued free of cost (upon production of documentary evidence)
- The form costs need to be deposited in the shape of cash only at various branches of J&K Bank Limited.
- The application forms designed in OMR/ ICR technology along with the Envelops, Sample Dummy Form, Acknowledgement Card and the Instruction Sheet are available at those braches of J&K Bank, which can be received by paying the requisite fees.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of following tests:
- Career Assessment (Matriculation mark=60%, 10+2 Mark=20%)
- Viva-Voce (20%)
A Final Merit list will be prepared after the above assessment and that will be displayed on the website (http://jkgad.nic.in/ ), as well as on major newspapers.
How to apply:
- Since the Application Form is to be electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement as available at http://jkgad.nic.in/common/showOrder.aspx?actCode=N11419 before applying for these posts.
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects, Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Canvassing / lobbying in any form will entail disqualification of the candidate
- Application Form, duly filled in along with its Photostat copy and the Acknowledgement Card, shall have to be submitted in the following addresses personally or should be mailed in the supplied brown craft paper envelope by post to the addresses mentioned below:
- Addresses to send completed application form:
The Deputy Director
Employment and Counselling Centres (of the concerned Districts)
Additional Resident Commissioner
5 – Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi
(for Kashmiri Migrants residing at Delhi and other places outside the State.)