GATE 2013 is an upcoming exam of engineering, where the science students will have a chance to get into M Tech and Ph.D courses in various Indian Institutes of Technology and IISc, Bangalore. The test is conducted specifically by a body comprising of the 7 IITs and IISc, with one of these IIT-Bombay being the organizing Institute of GATE 2013.
The website for the gate has necessary FAQs and preliminary requirements for the students to go through.
Additionally, they can read through the Brochure of GATE 2013 by downloading it through the official site of IIT-Bombay.
Primarily, online application is the only way to apply for the GATE 2013, details of which along with the application fee is given below
Male general and OBC-NC candidates – Rs. 1200/-
ST/SC/Physical disability males – Rs. 600/-
STEPS FOR GATE 2013 APPLICATION FILLING THROUGH ONLINE METHOD
- The website is known as GATE Online Applicant Interface, which has this given link
- A candidate first needs to register by giving an email address which must be valid, which has to be chosen with extreme care because this will be required to be used to check again and again, for most of the communications from GATE offices, will be done to this particular mail. (a special check is that the GATE office will accept only a unique mail and one cannot apply using another person’s email)
- To this email, after the registration process, a link is sent. Here, one will be required to select a password, as this link is clicked. Candidates should check that they choose a password which is not easily guessed by others. This ensures that the data provided in the online application is not guessed by others.
- The next step requires some information to be filled in the given spaces such as address for communications, personal information, education, GATE subject and such. For male candidates, net banking information is also required.
- As per the information and directions given, the information data is to be filled up in the application form and the soft copies of the signature and photograph is uploaded.
- There is an optional option of uploading various PDF files of documents which are said as supporting documents.
- Payment options are to be mentioned in the space.
- The GATE application data interface has been designed in such a way that one can save the filled in data, log out, and then log in again to continue filling the application.
- No further changes are possible to be done once the application is filled and submitted.
10. For the process of printing the application form, the Link of Print Application Form is to be clicked, which will be in the PDF format, comprising of 4 different pages first one being the instructions and address slip for sending in the hard copy, second and third pages are for the two application form copies with the bottom part having space for signing by the principal and the final 4th page contains the 3 challan copies for students who had opted for payment through challan.
UPLOADING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Some supporting documents that are required by the applicants are to be uploaded online, of which the maximum size of the file is 0.5 MB. This is possible if the resolution chosen is 200 dpi, color mode is 256 colors and file format is PDF or JPEG.
Candidates should check out the documents required and the necessary supporting criteria while filling up the application.
Regarding the SC/ST/PD certificate, reduced fee is only possible for the male candidates if they belong to these categories, but female candidates are not required to show any of these certificates. As far as need to have scribe is concerned due to disability, then both male and female PD candidates need to produce proper PD certificates.
Candidates should get it clear from the downloaded application brochure about the methods of fee payment and the amount and address to where these are to be paid.
NET BANKING OPTION
Particularly for the net banking payment options, the candidates will have to do so by entering the GATE Online Application Interface, where there is an instruction for a particular bank and then the set of rules of net banking are to be chosen. The status of net banking can be again checked if there is some misconnection.
CHALLAN PAYMENT OPTIONS
Those who have selected challan payment options, will have to fill up the challan to the respective Canara or SBI bank, only after 48 hours of the generation of the challan, where the data is verified and then the customer copy is returned with proper stamping done by the bank, which is to be sent to the respective Zonal GATE office.
AT the end comes the mailing information of documents to the GATE office.
The printed materials of the application, along with various necessary documents given in the checklist from the downloaded documents has to be sent by speed post to the zonal office address which was given along with the print out.
This is the mailing part which requires extreme care and caution, if the application is to reach the GATE office.
BEFORE THE MAIL IS DONE
- One copy, page 2 is kept for the candidate’s reference and the other steps that are needed to be followed.
- A photograph in color is to be pasted and in black color ink the declaration is to be signed at the given place. This photograph and the done signature have to match the one which have been uploaded as soft copies.
- Photograph is not to be pinned, or signed or attested
- Sign is to be done only within the box given
- If the certificate by the principal is considered to be proof of eligibility, then the whole page is to be submitted to the college principle, while there the certification signature and stamp has to be sent along with application.
- Challan copy is also kept
- The half page of address slip of zonal office and instruction page should be posted
- The checklist is as under
- The application form which is signed along with photograph and principal’s certificate
- Degree certificate ( only if not uploaded electronically)
- Category certificate ( if not uploaded electronically)
- PD certificate if required for a scribe
- GATE copy of the challan.
NOW THE MAILING IS TO BE DONE
- Only A4 sized enveloped is used to insert the application form and other documents as given in the checklist
- Application form is not to be folded or the papers are not stapled or pinned
- Not hand address is to be written but the provided address slip is to be used only as it contains certain codes. It is to be secured properly by glue or cello tape
- The packet has to be sent by speed post by preference or it can be sent by registered post to the address, which requires reaching its destination gate office before 8th Monday October, 2012. It can also be personally hand delivered at the respective GATE centers.
- Those who have sent the different documents by online softcopy methods, and then they need to send the application certificate signed by the principal only.
STATUS OF APPLICATION:
After the application form is sent, the current status of the application can be checked in the GATE Online Application Interface after the applications are received and scrutinized by the respective GATE offices.