As the GATE for 2013 has been announced for the year 2013, it has brought some of the new features and new recommendations for students. You need to make yourself acquainted with the new structure of GATE as well as its new features in order to secure your preparation in the right direction.
Let us have an over view on what is new in this GATE 2013.
- Female applicants need not pay the application fee, which is charged by MHRD, Govt of India.
- There will be 15 subject papers, which will be having online computer basedtests including
- Aerospace Engineering – (EP code –AE)
- Agricultural Engineering – (EP code –AG)
- Architecture and Planning – (EP code –AR)
- Biotechnology – (EP code –BT)
- Civil Engineering – (EP code –CE)
- Chemical Engineering – (EP code –CH)
- Chemistry – (EP code –CY)
- Geology and Geophysics – (EP code –GG)
- Mathematics – (EP code –MA)
- Mining Engineering – (EP code –MN)
- Metallurgical Engineering – (EP code –MT)
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science – (EP code –TF)
- Physics – (EP code –PH)
- Engineering Sciences – (EP code –XE)
- Life Sciences – (EP code –XL)
NOTE: EP Code – Examination Paper Code
- Any kind of information related to the candidates form and application can be done through GATE Online Applicant Interface which is a portal that leads into the GATE grievance redressal cell for answering any queries.
- GATE score will be this year 2013, calculated in a new formula
- Along with the sending of the photograph and the signing in the application, the applicants are required to send their photographs and signatures as soft copies.
- Randomly the candidates will be selected on the day of the exam for their biometric information which will include photograph and fingerprint.
Points to note for GATE 2013
Regarding the application process, candidates aspiring for GATE 2013, the filling up of online application and registering their names shall only be possible in the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs.
But the application process shall be deemed complete only when the printed copy of the filled online application with the signature of the candidate and photo in the appropriate place is received at the said GATE office of the respective zone, along with other documents, on or before 8th October 2012. APPLICATION FORMS ARE NOT FOR SALE IN ANY COUNTER, ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE.
Once the application process is sent properly, received by the respective zonal centre, Admit cards will be possible to be downloaded ONLY from those zonal GATE websites beginning from the 5th of December 2012.
When the admit card is taken to the centre on the day of the exam, the candidate should bring minimum one original but valid photo identification proof and not the Xerox or photocopy
USE OF PEN IN EXAM
While marking the bubbles dark in the OMR sheet, it should be only done with ball point pen and in black ink. But then, they should keep in mind that these dark ink marks cannot be erased, so the markings will require much surety.
NUMERICAL QUESTIONS TYPES
During the online question papers, there will be some multiple choice type questions while others will be of the numerical answers types. Each multiple question type will have four choices, while numerical type question will have a number as an answer which the students will have to derive. Each online paper will have probably minimum 15 such questions with single numerical answers.
ELIGIBILITY OF PRE FINAL YEAR STUDENTS –
During this GATE 2013, students in the pre final year will not be able to write the GATE exams, which have been detailed in the eligibility conditions.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>