Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab
Recruitment 2013-2014 for Inspector (Group B)
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab was set up in 1942 at Lahore to take care of food scarcities during the Second World War. State trading in food grains was introduced in the year 1956 and the main office of the department was shifted to Chandigarh. The Department plays a nodal role in cooperating and regulating the procurement and rice milling functions and of various procurement agencies of the state i.e. MARKFED, PUNSUP, Punjab State Warehousing Corporation, Punjab Agro Food Corporation and Food Corporation of India.
The Food & Supplies Department, Punjab is under the administrative control of The Secretary, Food & supplies. There are two wings under the Secretary,- The Secretariat and the other Directorate.
With the recent Notification from the department, there is an announcement for induction of 461 numbers of Inspectors (Group-B) posts in the Department of Food and Civil Supplies, Punjab.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under.
Most Important Dates:
- Opening Date for Submission of application: 08-Oct-2013
- Closing Date for fees submission at Bank Counters: 06-Nov-2013
- Closing Date for Online submission of application: 09-Nov-2013
- Date of Examination: 15-Dec-2013
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 30-Sept-2013
Details of Vacancies:
- Inspectors (Group-B): Total 461 Posts (Reservation for various categories will be applicable as per the Government of Punjab Administration. Please refer http://fcs.applyforexam.com/posts-reservation.php)
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for an initial Pay Scale in PB-II with Rs.10300 – Rs.34800 with grade pay of Rs. 4200 along with other perks and remunerations from the Department
Academic Eligibility Norms:
- Candidates should have completed Graduation Degree or equivalent.
- The candidate should have passed Punjabi Language subject up to Matriculation standard (exempted in case of Ex-SM, Riot affected candidates)
- Ex-SM, dependent of Riot affected persons will have to pass Punjabi examination of Matriculation standard within six months from the date of joining the service if selected
- The applicant should be within 18 years and 38 years of age as on 30-Sept-2013
- However, for Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ BC/ PWD/ Ex-Sm will enjoy relaxation in accordance with the State Government norm
- For SC/BC: Rs.200
- For all others including General candidates: Rs.800
- The fees can be deposited in any branch of State Bank of Patiala in favor of ‘Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab’ as per procedure explained through specific bank challan
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done primarily through a Written Examination only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit ranking status only
- There will be no Interview
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through online mode only at the website of Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab at www.foodsuppb.nic.in
- No other means / mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to read through the complete application notice as available at http://fcs.applyforexam.com/ before going for application form submission
- The candidates need to upload their scanned copy of Photograph and Signature at appropriate spaces
- Any form of misleading information will result in disqualification of candidature