With a history dating back to the pre-independence era, Federal Bank was initially known as the Travancore Federal Bank. It gradually transformed into a full-fledged bank under the leadership of its Founder, Mr. K P Hormis. The name Federal Bank Limited was officially announced in the year 1947 with its headquarters nestled on the banks of the river Periyar. Since then there has been no looking back and the bank has become one of the strongest and most stable banks in the country. Presently Federal Bank Limited is a major Indian commercial bank in the private sector headquartered at Aluva, Kerala having more than thousand branches and ATMs spread across different States in India.
The bank had achieved many milestones and is credited for being the First, among the traditional banks in the country to introduce Internet Banking Service. This is the first bank to have all its branches automated, first bank to offer Electronic Telephone Bill Payment, this is the first in India to provide RTGS facility in all its branches, and the first bank to get listed in London Stock Exchange.
With the recent notification this bank is inviting applications for the Positions of Clerks and Specialist Officers in its various branches located across the country: HR-TAD/M2/Rec/2013
Name of the vacancies notified:
- Clerks (For specified states:Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, National Capital Region (NCR), Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu & West Bengal)
- Probationary Officer (For specified states: Karnataka, Kerala & Tamil Nadu)
- Law officer in Scale I or Scale II
- Assistant Manager in Scale I
Important dates to reckon:
- Starting date for opening of Online Registration Gateway: 12-Sept-2013
- Closing date for final registration through Online Registration Gateway: 26-Sept-2013
- Dates for editing/ Printing of Online Application: 12-Sept till 27-Sept-2013
- Aptitude tests for Clerks: 06-Oct-2013
- Aptitude test for Probationary Officer & Law Officer: 20-Oct-2013
- Clerical Positions: The candidates will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.7200 – Rs.19300 with applicable allowances.
- Probationary Officer/ Assistant Manager in Scale-I/ Law officer in Scale-I: The candidates will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 with applicable allowances.
- Law officer in Scale-I: The candidates will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.19400 – Rs.28100 with applicable allowances.
- All allowances and perks will be available for the selected candidates as per the bank norms
Academics Qualification by 01-Sept-2013:
- Clerical Positions: The candidates must have Graduation with minimum 55% marks for Science subjects and minimum 50% marks for other streams.
- Probationary Officer: The candidates must have Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks
- Law officer in Scale-I: The candidates must have Graduation/ Post-Graduation in Law with minimum 50% marks. The candidates should be registered under the bar Council and should have at least 4 years of experience as an Advocate in Civil/ criminal Disciplines/ as a Law Officer in a Scheduled commercial bank
- Law officer in Scale-II: The candidates must have Graduation/ Post-Graduation in Law with minimum 50% marks. The candidates should be registered under the bar Council and should have at least 6 years of experience as an Advocate in Civil/ criminal Disciplines/ as a Law Officer in a Scheduled commercial bank.
- Knowledge in Computer Operations is mandatory for all posts.
- Assistant Manager Scale-I: The candidates must have Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks. He should possess a professional experience of 5 years in Clerical cadre or minimum 2 years experience in Clerical Cadre with JAIIB or 1 year experience as a Officer Cadre or minimum 2 years experience in Insurance/ NBFC sector.
Age as on 01-Sept-2013:
- Clerical Positions: The candidate must not have crossed 24 years as on 01-Sept-2013.
- Probationary Officer: The candidate must not have crossed 26 years as on 01-Sept-2013.
- Law Officers: The candidate must not have crossed 35 years as on 01-Sept-2013 for both Scale-I and Scale-II positions.
- Assistant Manager Scale-I: The candidate must not have crossed 35 years as on 01-Sept-2013
- However there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules for SC, ST, PWD candidates.
- There is no application fee for this recruitment process.
The procedure for selection will vary for different category of posts.
- The candidates for Clerical Cadre, Probationary Officer and Law Officer (both Scale-I and Scale-II) should appear for an Aptitude Test to be held at various centers. The date, Time and Venue of Test will be communicated to the eligible candidates individually or through the website. After evaluation, on the basis of the Test, candidates will be short listed for a personal interview in the order of merit.
- For Assistant Managers selection will be done through Group Discussion and Personal Interview only.
- The final appointment will be subjected to Medical Fitness declaration by the Medical Officer of the bank
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply online through the web portal of Federal Bank at www.federalbank.co.in
- The applicant need to submit online application with facts and latest information and must retain the hard copy to be used in later stages of selection
- The candidates should safe-keep their unique identification number “FB ID” and Password for any type of revisions or corrections or for future use
- The applications once submitted can be corrected till 27-Sept-2013 and up to a max attempt of 3 times only
- The call letters will be available at the banks website
- The applicant must upload his passport size photograph and scanned signature at appropriate spaces as per the directions of the bank
- The details of the application can be referred at the web link at http://www.federalbank.co.in/documents/10180/1023436/Recruitment+Notification/cea60f6b-8fe5-4cb1-a9fc-dad99008a46c before applying online.
- Decision of the Bank in all matters will be final and binding
- Incomplete or wrong information may lead to disqualification of the candidate
- Candidates should submit only one application for a post.
- For any clarifications candidates may contact at email@example.com