The Food Corporation of India (FCI) was setup under the special parliamentary Act in the year 1964, in order to fulfill objectives of the Food Policy set up for offering effective price support for safeguarding the interests of the farmers. Working seamlessly for provisioning Distribution of food-grains throughout the country with public distribution system, and Maintaining satisfactory level of operational as well as buffer stocks of food-grains to ensure National Food Security, the FCI is one of the most vital organizations under the Union Government. FCI is at present undergoing significant reforms to revitalize its potential and offer a coherent support to the National Food Policy. In line with this initiative, FCI is offering dynamic challenges to educated and ambitious youths to carve a career milestone with FCI.
With the recent initiative from the FCI, a combined recruitment notification has been published to induct Assistant General Manager (General Administration, Movement, Accounts, Law) and Medical Officer for staffing Category- I posts with FCI. The recruitment will be conducted through a merit basis selection modality.
The details of the application criteria and the minimum eligibility conditions are detailed as under: Advt. No.2 /2013-FCI Category- I
- Starting date for Online/Offline Submission of Application: 06-August-2013
- Last date for Online/ Offline Submission of Application: 04-Sept-2013
- Last date for Online/ Offline Submission of Application from far-flung areas: 11-Sept-2013
- Date for reckoning Age, Education and Qualification: 01-August-2013
- Date of Selection Examination: Will be notified later
Cadre of Recruitment & Number of vacancies: TOTAL: 30 vacancies
- Assistant General Manager (Gen. Admin.): 18 Positions (SC-03, ST-03, OBC-08, UR-04)
- Assistant General Manager (Movement): 02 Positions (UR)
- Assistant General Manager (Accounts): 07 Positions (SC-01, OBC-02, UR-04)
- Assistant General Manager (Law): 01 Position (ST)
- Medical Officer: 02 Posts (OBC-01, UR-01)
- NOTE: Post reserved for PWD candidates will be considered on horizontal basis
Mode of Submission of Candidature: Through ONLINE/ OFFLINE mode through the websites of FCI at www.fcijobsportal.com
Pay Provisions and Remunerations:
- The candidates successfully selected as Assistant General Managers (AGM) and Medical Officers positions will be entitled to receive a consolidated remuneration in the IDA Pattern in the order of Rs.20600 – Rs.46500 per month
Vital Academic Requirements:
The academic requirements for various positions are varied as per the nature of the job. They are:
- Assistant General Manager (General Administration) (Post Code: A): The candidates must have Post Graduate degree or equivalent with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate OR, ACA/ AICWA/ ACS OR, Bachelor’s Degree in Law or 5 years Integrated Course in Law with minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate
- Assistant General Manager (Movement) (Post Code: B): The candidates must have Post Graduate degree or equivalent with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate OR, ACA/ AICWA/ ACS OR, Bachelor’s Degree in Law or 5 years Integrated Course in Law with minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate
- Assistant General Manager (Accounts) (Post Code: C): The applicant must be an associate member of (i) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India OR, (ii) The Institute of Cost Accountants of India OR, (iii) The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Assistant General Manager (Law) (Post Code: D): The applicant must have Full time Degree in Law with minimum 5 years’ experience as a practicing Lawyer in Civil matters representing his clients in at least 3 cases in every year or 5 years’ experience as a Law Officer in Central Government/ State Government/ Central Government PSU/ State Government PSU
- Medical Officer (Post Code: E): The applicant must be a M.B.B.S. and should have completed compulsory Surgency/ Rotary House Surgency for one year. He should have at least 3 years experience in any organized Medical Institution, preferably in a Labor Organization.
- Assistant General Manager (Gen. Admin.): An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 30 years as on 01-August-2013
- Assistant General Manager (Movement): An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 30 years as on 01-August-2013
- Assistant General Manager (Accounts): An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 28 years as on 01-August-2013
- Assistant General Manager (Law): An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 33 years as on 01-August-2013
- Medical Officer: An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 35 years as on 01-August-2013
- However there will be relaxation in upper age limit applicable for SC, ST and PWD candidates as per rules.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test (WT), and an Interview as per the discretion of the FCI
- The weightage assigned for Written Test, and Interview are 87.5% and 12.5% respectively
- For all candidates: Rs.500
- The fees can be paid in shape of cash deposit challan in any branch of SBI or through a Demand Draft as per the preference of the candidates
- Demand Draft should be made in favor of “Food Corporation Of India Recruitment Account” and should be payable at New Delhi
- Cheques, Money Orders, Postal Orders, Pay Orders, Banker’s Cheques, Postal Stamps, etc., will not be accepted, towards application fee.
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility criteria can apply ONLINE through the website of FCI at http://www.fcijobsportal.com/Pages/indexfcicat.aspx
- The candidates interested to apply through OFFLINE mode can download the application form here www.fcijobsportal.com/Pages/FCI-Offline-app_form-Category-I.pdf and send the completed application along with necessary application fees and other essential documents
- The hard copy of the Online Application or the Copy of the Offline Application should reach the address mentioned below so as to reach before the last date for receipt of application (i.e. 04-Sept-2013)
- The applications should be forwarded by Ordinary Post only. No other mode of Application will be accepted.
- The envelope containing the application (hard copy/ Offline application) must be sealed properly with all essential documents and demand draft or fee deposit challan and must be super-scribed with “Name of the Zone, Post & Post Code applied for, category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/WOMEN/UR)”
- One envelope should carry only one Application
- An applicant can apply for only One posistion
- Address to send completed application form:
Post Box No. 35, Sector-19, Noida-201301
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>