On the first-ever World Youth Skills day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Skill India initiative which aims to train over 40 crore people in India in different skills by 2022. At the event, Modi also disclosed the Skill India logo with the tagline — ‘Kaushal Bharat, Kushal Bharat which means Skilled India, Successful India.
The initiatives include National Skill Development Mission, National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) scheme, Skill Loan scheme
National Skills Development Mission:
The National Skills Mission is a high level decision making organization with the governing council being chaired by the Prime Minister. The vision of this initiative is to utilize the immense talent in Indian youth population by providing the right opportunities. The mission not only focuses on skills but also encourages entrepreneurship. The focus is on upgrading ITI (Industrial training Institutes) to acquire global recognition like IITs and become the powerhouse of skilled manpower.
National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015:
The National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015 is the country’s first of its kind comprehensive national policy for developing skills and encouraging entrepreneurship on a mass scale. The vision of the policy is to create an environment of empowerment by developing skills on a large scale at a fast pace with high standards to promote a practice of innovation-based entrepreneurship which eventually will generate wealth and employment and ensure sustainable livelihoods for all citizens.
Pradhan Mantri kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY):
PMKVY is the government’s flagship scheme which will motivate skill training by giving financial rewards to candidates who successfully completed the government approved skill training programs. The motive of the scheme is to recognize and provide skills to around 24 lakh youth who work in unorganized sectors and are devoid of formal certification. Fresh PMKVY training has been started in 1,000 centres across all States and Union Territories in India which will be useful for 50,000 youth in 100 job roles across 25 sectors.
Skill Loan Scheme:
Under this scheme, loans ranging from Rs. 5,000-1.5 lakh will be made available to 34 lakh youth seeking to attend skill development programs over the next five years. PM Modi personally handed over the sanction letters for the first ever Skill Loans to aspiring trainees. He also gave Skill Cards and Skill Certificates to trainees who had completed training through the Pilot Phase of PMKVY, which started in May 2015. These Skill Cards and Skill Certificates will enable trainees to share their skills with employers.
Impact of Skill India Initiatives
- Lot of emphasize is being made of entrepreneurship and Make in India by giving skilled loans. This will encourage young population to opt for entrepreneurship with new ideas and innovations.
- The huge allocation of funds to development of industrial skills will enable to nurture a skillful workforce which is a growth for the individual as well as the nation.
- Immediately after the circular, PSUs such as HMT have restarted their training centre for conventional training on machinery like milling and grinding and also high-end training on Computer Numerically Controlled Machines where the minimal human intervention is involved.
- Another initiative known as ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ (RPL) will assess and certify 10 lakh youth for the skills that they already possess.
- Youth are encouraged to take up government certified training for their skill development by giving out financial rewards. This is a golden opportunity for all aspiring youths to pursue and develop their skills with apt trainings.
The Skill India initiative is an ambitious project for the real empowerment of youth by 2022. The key for Developed India lies on educated, skilled labor and a self-reliant nation which can be achieved only through entrepreneurship and Make in India concept. Hope PM Modi’s vision transcends to a reality and India becomes a Superpower.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>