Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC), stationed with its head quarters in Kolkata is a company whose turnovers crossed the figure of 11000 Crore in the year 20012-13 (which was almost half of it during 2009-10). This figure shows the sustainable growth of DVC with year after year enhancement in figures. With a present capacity of 5857 MegaWatt of power generation and distribution, this company is expecting to grow up to the level of 10000 MW of power generation through Thermal and Hydel Power Stations in the coming 2-3 years.
With a consistent motive of improving the humanitarian aspects, DVC invites young and result oriented candidates having a valid GATE-2013 scorecard for recruitment of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GET) through its establishments spread across the Damodar Valley Region.
The details of the vacancies are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: ONLINE only
Who can apply: Any Technical Graduate Engineer having a valid GATE Scorecard
- Opening Date of Application ONLINE: 10-Aug-2013 (13.00 Hours)
- Closing Date of Application ONLINE: 26-Aug-2013 (24.00 Hours)
- Hosting of Shortlisted Candidates: 10-Sept-2013 (tentative)
- Dates for Group Discussion, PT & PI: 23-Sept-2013 onwards (tentative)
Details of Vacancies:
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (Electrical) Post No.2013/11: 20 posts (UR-10, OBC-05, SC-04 and ST-01)
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (Civil) Post No.2013/12: 09 posts (UR-04, OBC-03, SC-01 and ST-01)
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (C&I) Post No.2013/13: 08 posts (UR-04, OBC-03, and ST-01)
- GET (Electrical) Post No.2013/11: The candidates applying for these posts should have full time Bachelors Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering/ Technology with 65% (60% for SC/ ST) in aggregate of all Semesters/years. They must have cleared the GATE paper EE during the GATE-2012, the score of which was announced during early 2013.
- GET (Civil) Post No.2013/12: The candidates applying for these posts should have full time Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering/ Technology with 65% (60% for SC/ ST) in aggregate of all Semesters/years. They must have cleared the GATE paper CE during the GATE-2012, the score of which was announced during early 2013.
- GET (C&I) Post No.2013/13: The candidates applying for these posts should have full time Bachelors Degree in Instrumentation & Control/ Instrumentation/ Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics and Telecomm Engineering/ Technology with 65% (60% for SC/ ST) in aggregate of all Semesters/years. They must have cleared the GATE paper IN or EC during the GATE-2012, the score of which was announced during early 2013.
- For Graduate Engineer Trainee: The candidates selected for these positions will be getting remuneration in the PB3 @ Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and grade pay of Rs.5650
- The candidates applying for these positions should not have crossed 29 years as on 01-July-2013. However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable to SC/ST/ OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and PWD candidates as per government norms.
- The candidates are advised to apply for the corresponding posts as per their subjects in the GATE-2013. The corresponding subjects for each position can be seen at the website of DVC at http://www.dvc.gov.in/gate2013.pdf. No other subjects or streams of GATE-2013 will be acceptable for any post except pre-defined by DVC.
- QR as mentioned by DVC will remain same for departmental and general candidates.
- The candidates selected for final appointment have to execute a service bond for Rs.2 lakhs as prescribed which will be valid till 3 years of service completion after one year of probation period with DVC (total 4 years).
- The selection will be based on the short listing of candidates as per their GATE score from a metric of 100.
- The shortlisted candidates have to undergo a phase of Group Discussion (GD), Psychometric Test (PT) and Personal Interview (PI) to be selected on a merit performance.
- The candidates will need to verify their identity during the Group Discussion and personal Interview phase. Hence they are requested to keep valid personal ID (PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, etc.) during appearing for the same. The original Admit Card of GATE-2013 and the Original Scorecard of GATE-2013 will be mandatory to appear GD, PT and PI rounds.
- For General and OBC candidates: Rs.300
- For SC/ST/Women/PWD candidates: Fees Exempted
- The fees can be paid ONLINE or through the fee payment challan (could be downloaded from the website of DVC) at any Branch of State Bank of India in the specific DVC Powerjyoti Account No.31728459593 maintained at SBI, CAG Branch, Kolkata (Br. Code. 9998)
How to apply:
- The candidates can fill in online application forms available at the website of DVC at www.dvc.gov.in.
- All the spaces on the Online application form should be filled with factual information
- The candidate must upload a scanned photograph and his running signature on the application form at the space provided
- The candidates are requested to keep two copies of online application form in printed format after due submission along with original and photocopies of the supporting documents in support of any special claims for consideration.
- The candidates need to safe keep their valid email ID and Unique Registration Number for future reference
- Candidates can take help of Helpline numbers to call for any clarifications or queries.
Helpline Numbers: 033-6607-2537/ 2539/ 2526