Judicial service is considered to be one of the most prestigious services directly under the Presidential Guidelines and Governor of the state as the direct reporting authority. Along with the judicial service there are many associated positions that need to be taken care of by recruitments from all profiles of candidates. Stenographer is one of such associated positions of repute. With very high need of drafting of various official documents the role of Stenographer is highly vital in any judiciary so as for the District Courts of Odisha.
The court of District and Sessions Judge, Cuttack is established in the heart of the Cuttack City. It has two separate buildings with the Main Building being located opposite to the Orissa High Court Building at a distance of about 300 meters from the Ring Road, running alongside the banks of the river Kathajodi.
With the recent announcement from the District Court Cuttack, there is a recruitment opportunity for candidates in the profiles of Stenographer (Grade-III).
The details of the invited application and the eligibility norms are as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 29-Apr-2014
- Last date for submission of application form by Speed Post: 06-Jun-2014
- Date reckoning Age, and Education: 06-Jun-2014 (Last date for submission/ receipt of final application)
Name and Number of vacancies:
Stenographer (Grade-III): 08 Positions
- General category: 02 Positions
- SEBC Category: 02 Positions (Women-01)
- SC category: 01 Position
- ST Category: 03 Positions (Women-01)
Expected remuneration and Pay scale:
- The applicants selected for the Post of Junior Stenographer will receive remuneration in the scale of PB-I @ Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 along with Grade Pay of Rs.2400 and other allowances (DA, HRA, etc.)
- The candidates must have completed 10+2 (Intermediate) or equivalent.
- The candidates must have passed Diploma in Computer Application or equivalent.
- The candidates must have passed Typing examination from a recognized Institution and must have a typing speed of at least 40 words per minute and shorthand speed of 80 words per minute
- The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia and should have passed Middle English Standard with Odia medium.
- The applicants must have acquired 18 years of age and must not have crossed maximum age of 32 years as on 06-Jun-2014.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules (up to 5 years for SC/ST).
Mode of selection:
- There will be a test of English, which will be qualifying in nature.
- This will be followed by a test of Skills of Typewriting and Shorthand followed by Computer Proficiency Test. Only candidates selected in this may be called for viva-voice and interview.
- The final selection will base on the performance in the Skill tests and interview (if any).
- For SC/ST: There is no application fee
- For all others: Rs.100 only
- The fees should be remitted through the Treasury challan in favor of the Head “0070-other Administrative Services – 01 – Administration of Justice – 501 – Services and Service fees – 0010 – Charges for Service Provided – 02177 – Examination fees for recruitment conducted by Odisha District and Subordinate Courts.”
How To Apply:
- The candidates can apply through OFFLINE mode only and through prescribed application form as available at the website at http://districtcourtcuttack.nic.in/ or at http://districtcourtcuttack.nic.in/Recruitment/stenographer2014.pdf
- The application form must be filled-in with caution and should be attached with necessary documents in support of age, education, skills and castes.
- The application form must be pasted with recent pass-port size photograph and the candidates must put their running signature at appropriate spaces.
- The application completed in all respect and attached with necessary certificate copies and fee payment challan must be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “Application for the Post of Stenographer (Grade-III)”
- All applications must be sent by ORDINARY POST only
Where to send the Completed Application Form:
The application form completed in all respect must be sent to the following address:
Office of the District Judge-cum-Chairman
District Recruitment Committee, Cuttack -753002
For any clarification candidates can log on to the website of Orissa high Court at http://districtcourtcuttack.nic.in/Recruitment/stenographer2014.pdf